• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thinking about Snow checking a timbersled mh

J

jdrice

Feb 10, 2012
So I sold my sled this year because of no time to ride but next year I'm thinking about snow checking a mh kit for my 2012 ktm 450 xcw couple questions though how hard is it on the bike will it wear the motor fast I would think I would be riding wide open a lot also I'm really worried about it being under powered compared to a sled. This might be a stupid question but how cold is it riding it compared to a sled it seems like your body is always in the snow I mean I don't ride my bike when it's 40 and below its cold as hell. I really like tight tree riding that's why I'm really interested in it but I just don't want to spend 5300 dollars and be disappointed in it.

J

jdrice

Feb 10, 2012
yeah i would love to ride one before i bought one im 50 miles south of cda idaho

F

funjunkie

Nov 26, 2007
Set up a demo ride with Timbersled they are only 45 miles north of cda. They have three demo bikes.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
If I were you I would keep an eye on craigslist and pick one up for a lot cheaper. The only wear items on these kits are the chains and sprockets. The fit kits are $300 but if you looking to do a KTM I can sell you a fit kit for a lot cheaper.

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
just do it

you wont regrett it at all. I test rode the mtn horse kit again this weekend at hawkfest, they work great. Really just a one ski thing for me, but it dont get anybetter for woods riding.

Premium Features