• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Prorting a snowbike track

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
What do you think would you gain anything on a snowbike, just a thought so far but seems like if any snowmachine could benefit from a more flexible track it might be a snowbike? anyone tried it yet? a little hesitant myself just wanted to get some thoughts.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
We did it a few seasons ago.. made the track rotate easier and made the snow fly all over the place.. was it an improvement.. I'm really not sure..

R
Feb 5, 2011
Priest Lake
I have been thinking about this also.

What do you think would you gain anything on a snowbike, just a thought so far but seems like if any snowmachine could benefit from a more flexible track it might be a snowbike? anyone tried it yet? a little hesitant myself just wanted to get some thoughts.

A slight loss of floatation in the deep, slow going conditions but other than that everything else should be a gain. Lighter rotating weight would be the greatest benefit.

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
I am running a snowcross track on my bike so it actually has two out of 3 clips removed, it is the track I have always ran so I cant compare it to anything. the issue I had with it was testing my bike with no snow, the slides would heat up in about 2.5 seconds. I actually went out and bought 20 more clips and put them on, so now I am down to every other, it is way better now.

I was thinking porting for the flexability/rolling resistance part, removing track clips would lower rotating mass by alot tho.

Premium Features