• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1100T Upgrades

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Curious what upgrades are available for the M1100 twin, I see D&D has a Garrett turbo and intercooler upgrade. Any other companies trying to push some power out of these 1100's? Does anyone know what kind/size of turbo the 2012 cat comes with? I believe they were running a Mitsubishi turbo in the past if I'm not mistaken. From what I saw on last years sled, the tbo was tiny, no wonder they were a dog.

I'd like to see what one of these sleds would do with a 2860-2871 and a decent built turbo kit? On D&D's website, I see there are Carillo rods and pistons available for these engines already. I bet Boost-It would work great on one of these, leaving the stock ECU/injection alone.

http://www.ddracing.com/DD-Powerspo...ds-Pistons-Rings-detail.htm?productId=-308588

http://www.ddracing.com/DD-Powerspo...g-Turbo-Kitllang-detail.htm?productId=-202757

DL

Last edited:

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
MCXPRESS is building an upgrade turbo for them suppose to be 250hp on pump fuel. Waiting on a production model to show up to do final fit and finish on there setup is what I was told.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I see they come in a NA version, that would probably be the way to go IMO.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
There will be two kits one for the NA M1100 and and upgrade kit for the factory turbo sled. Starting with the NA version and adding a turbo might be a cheaper route aswell.
I got an M1100 turbo on order going to just run a chip and few little upgrades focus on some weight loss upgrades this winter, go for the turbo upgrade next year. 220hp and around 500lbs be pretty fun for this winter.

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
We will have quite a few different options on this sled.

Reprogram the ECU and get around 240 HP on pump gas with the stock turbo and an aftermarket silencer.

260HP on 110 Octane.

280HP on 114 Octane. (This will require some wastegate modifications to the stock turbo)

It is looking like we will need a fan on the intercooler at the higher boost levels.

If you want to go 290HP plus you will need to upgrade to a 2860 or bigger turbo.

Also, meth injection is a great option and you will be able to run around 260 HP on pump gas with the meth injection.

PM me if you have questions. There will be new developments all year on this sled.

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
I'd sure be interested in what Neil can come up with for this sled too. The Boost It woke up my T-Nytro and I wouldn't hesitate to put his system on this new Cat either!!

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I am sure Neils stuff will be great! He does know how to make a Nytro Rock!

I'm sure one would be ok with a 2871 and Boost It. The stock Nytro doesnt do much either without a turbo. Is D&D and MCX really the only ones offering a larger turbo upgrade? I still think the stock 1100 would be the way to go and add your own kit. I thought I'd see more upgrades out there, too new maybe.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I don't know for sure, but I think the ECU on the turbo and the non turbo is different internally. You don't have any boost control etc on the non turbo to worry about. If you get a non turbo and put a kit on it you would be a bit more expensive.

To do a 2871 or 2860 upgrade on the Turbo version won't be too big of a deal.

R
Aug 30, 2008
We will have quite a few different options on this sled.

Reprogram the ECU and get around 240 HP on pump gas with the stock turbo and an aftermarket silencer.

260HP on 110 Octane.

280HP on 114 Octane. (This will require some wastegate modifications to the stock turbo)

It is looking like we will need a fan on the intercooler at the higher boost levels.

If you want to go 290HP plus you will need to upgrade to a 2860 or bigger turbo.

Also, meth injection is a great option and you will be able to run around 260 HP on pump gas with the meth injection.

PM me if you have questions. There will be new developments all year on this sled.

Are you installing water Meth kits?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
We will be doing meth kits for sure. Did some on the Nytro and it works great. Will allow you to use much lower octane and run higher boost.

I have talked to Neil a few times and yes, I believe he will have better luck working with the NA ECU the way his system works......simple and effective.

Looking forward to working with this sled if they ever get here.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
You can get them at any Walgreen's.........most trailer parks will have a pattern you can use to put them together:faint:

Actually methanol injection has been around for quite a while in the big HP diesel scene. It is windshield wiper fluid. Injected into the intake, usually through the intercooler. It lowers the flame point of your intake charge and effectively mimmicks raising the octane of the fuel. It works well on the 4 stroke where the engine internals are lubricated continuously and throughout. A two stroke doesn't work so hot because it "washes" the cranks clean and you lose your lubrication.

Premium Features