• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

slp powder pro on bike?

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
do you guys think it would work to put a powder pro on a snowbike, and just put shark fins on the edge keels? they are awesome skis and handle great on the trail too, I might be crazy but its just a thought.

powderpro2.jpg

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
do you guys think it would work to put a powder pro on a snowbike, and just put shark fins on the edge keels? they are awesome skis and handle great on the trail too, I might be crazy but its just a thought.

I think all snowbike manufacturers have tried all possible combinations and turned them down for a reason in favor for their choice.

//R

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I think all snowbike manufacturers have tried all possible combinations and turned them down for a reason in favor for their choice.

//R

I dont think they have.. seams to me they have just said. Oh well they dont handle well on hardpack. Bovin owns the patented on the best ski out there.
Short of having to add a stiffener to keep it from warping It flat out Rocks on hardpack and powder.
Anyone need a 2moto gen2 with a Bovin twin axes mount?

F
Sep 13, 2010
I think the powder pro would work great. should be better on hard packed sno and it could be nice with better flotation too. thinking about trying it for the next season. hope you understand my english

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
I dont think they have.. seams to me they have just said. Oh well they dont handle well on hardpack. Bovin owns the patented on the best ski out there.

I can guarantee you that FrozenMOTO Industries does no think this at all. We are working on a ski system that will make track and trail riding alot of fun.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I can guarantee you that FrozenMOTO Industries does no think this at all. We are working on a ski system that will make track and trail riding alot of fun.

I can appreciate the thought.. let us know when you have a product ready for market..

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
frozen moto, have you tried the powder pro ski? is it something I should still consider or is there better options

Timbersled

Premium Member
Apr 22, 2008
I have tried the Powder Pro. It is a dissent ski. Probably the best center keel ski that I have tried. It is by no means the idle set up.
Here is what I felt: Drives dissent on the trail, Steers easy off trail, Not grabby or controlling, Has a slight front end push in the soft snow but is predictable
Not a bad alternative for a second ski option, however I rather use the 6 inch Simons ski for all around riding.

Allen

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
wow thanks allen! that really shows your loyalty to our new sport, thank you for sharing what you have learned

J
Jan 14, 2012
Sorry for posting in an old tread but i tried the powder PRO today on my KTM with 2moto kit, it runs better on trail and floats better in powder but when steering in powder it is worse than the simmons stock ski, i will try to mount some sharkfins on both sides and see if that helps the powder steering, i will also mount a steering dampner and see if that helps to make it even better on trail.

Jocke
Sweden

S
Jan 16, 2012
Lewiston, Idaho
Sorry for posting in an old tread but i tried the powder PRO today on my KTM with 2moto kit, it runs better on trail and floats better in powder but when steering in powder it is worse than the simmons stock ski, i will try to mount some sharkfins on both sides and see if that helps the powder steering, i will also mount a steering dampner and see if that helps to make it even better on trail.

Jocke
Sweden

I wanted to direct you to the Curve Industry ski now avaliable for snowbikes. It is the BEST ski I have ridden on a snowbike! Do yourself a fover and pick it up! Check out www.soldiersoftomorrow.com to see what it is about!

F

funjunkie

Nov 26, 2007
So are You saying that this ski works the best in all ridding conditions. Because it does not look like it would work very good on steep side hills.

Ryanexcr

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2011
Washington State
And by just looking at it why would you think it does not side hill very well??????? I think the shape ski will help it to side hill very well, but that is just my thoughts I will let you all know as soon as I get it on my bike in the next few days and test it out.

:becky:

S
Jan 16, 2012
Lewiston, Idaho
I have a great time actually riding up and down the cut bank of the road/trail bed jumping off of snow covered rocks and logs. I am also landing on that same bank and driving down it and resetting for the next hit on the banks. It is a really fun and exciting way to ditch bang and practice off angle approaches and descents to improve your riding skill and ability.
On the other hand I love to boondocks and ride powder and have never lost my front end and went over the bars EVER with this ski.

F

funjunkie

Nov 26, 2007
It just seems like you need some outter keels to hold the ski on steep sidehills. Iv tried some diffrent ski set ups and nothing holds better then the simons ski on side hills. I no it sucks on the trail.

S
Jan 16, 2012
Lewiston, Idaho
The curve ski is not flat on thd bottom it has a shape in it the builds rail of snow holding your edge. I to have ridden the Simmons and will never put one back on. Nor will I sell the Frozen MOTO without the curve ski.

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
so anyways getting back to the original thread, how has the powder pro worked for others?

Premium Features