• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

which klim coat/jacket???

D
Dec 7, 2007
I'm considering a klim coat or jacket. There seems to be a number of different types: valdez, powder cross pullover, tomahawk, inversion and probably others. Don't live in an area where I can go and look them over, so I'm seeking some advise. Definately want to stay dry, not an aggressive rider so imagine a little warmth would be good, ususally wear an extra large, so what size or sizes should I be looking at? Thank you

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
I'm considering a klim coat or jacket. There seems to be a number of different types: valdez, powder cross pullover, tomahawk, inversion and probably others. Don't live in an area where I can go and look them over, so I'm seeking some advise. Definately want to stay dry, not an aggressive rider so imagine a little warmth would be good, ususally wear an extra large, so what size or sizes should I be looking at? Thank you

Could you please give us a bit more information.
Where do you normally ride?
Are you a rider who gets cold fairly easily or naturally cold blooded?
Could you give us a couple of dimensions - waist, height, approx weight.

Thanks!

D
Dec 7, 2007
Places I normally ride are:
McCall and Council areas in Idaho.
Blue Mt. and Strawberry Mt. range around John Day, Oregon.
Eagle caps out of Halfway, Oregon.

I don't get cold real easy. I'm just not as aggressive rider as lots. I do like to boondock, but my fear, caution, inability or what ever you what to call it holds me back. I'm approx. 6'2", with a 34" waist and weigh around 185 lbs. I do currenty wear a pair of klim bibs and like them real well. Amost bought these in a large, but found a fairly good deal on a pair of xl. Am glad I purchased the xl. Thank you for any advise or light you can shed on these jackets.

Premium Features