• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1990 phazer 2 jetting ?

S

sledheadjake

Aug 31, 2009
Bonners Ferry ID
What jetting should I be running at 3-5000 ft? The jetting in it now at 2000ft is a little rich but OK, but once I start gaining alt I start loosing top end really bad. The bottom end is good right off the line then the sled just falls flat

S

sledheadjake

Aug 31, 2009
Bonners Ferry ID
Clutches look good. But not sure what running for weights, I'll have to look and get back to ya. I also checked compression and it was good

Z
Jan 19, 2008
Wrangell, AK
Stock jetting is 143.8. With a totally stock Phazer, you should be able to run 140's no problem. 135's would work, but I would be very careful on colder days. Phazers are VERY sensitive to outside air temps. When running lean on cold days, vary throttle position often, never running steady-state in any one throttle position for long. You run it steady-state in a lean spot in the carburation, and you will squeak a piston for sure. Unfortunately, Phazer carbs are not very tunable, other than pilot jet and main jet. This leads to uneven air/fuel mixture throughout the throttle/rpm range.

Built a LOT of the little hair-dryers back in the day. Still have a soft-spot for them!

Premium Features