• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnowBike Range

N
Oct 17, 2011
Hey guys, Just got my 2Moto kit running on my 2011 KTM 250xc, and we are planning on heading out to the mountains next week to try it out. Anybody have any general idea's on the range on the machines. Does riding snow consume significally more fuel than normal. I have an 11L tank on the bike as well as a 9l jerry can on the kit. Any possible predictions?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
I am running a MH kit on my KTM 300 and although I have only been out once this season my buddy ran his 300 all last season so I have a pretty good idea of how many gallons you should pack for a full day of riding. Assuming you have the 2.9 gallon tank I would pack another 2-3 gallons with you. If the powder is deep I would pack 3 gallons extra. I actually picked up one of those 1.5 gallon axillary tanks from acerbis that mount where the number plate goes, I fill it up and it siphons into the tank on the bike so it used that fuel first. I also pack 2.1 gallons on the tunnel.

Premium Features