• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Expert" pricing

Snow4life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota
Anyone priced one out yet? I've only gotten a call back from one of the three dealerships I called and was quoted $14,200 on a 165 3" expert with shot. Curious what other people are seeing

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The OTD price minus tax is what you need to know. Some dealers have all kind of fees to jack the price back to full retail.

8emup

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Utah
I'd pay a little more and find a local dealer with excellent service.

Weller Rec in Kamas Utah has always had my back. In the end their service and relationship with Ski Doo saved me a bunch of money.

If we all continue to negociate best price we aren't going to get best service. They don't go hand and hand:juggle:

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I'd pay a little more and find a local dealer with excellent service.

Weller Rec in Kamas Utah has always had my back. In the end their service and relationship with Ski Doo saved me a bunch of money.

If we all continue to negociate best price we aren't going to get best service. They don't go hand and hand:juggle:

Make sure to not negotiate price on your next pick up or house. Just crazy, I negotiate on everything.

8emup

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Utah
Make sure to not negotiate price on your next pick up or house. Just crazy, I negotiate on everything.

And you're the the guy that will drive 100 miles to save $200? All I'm saying is negotiate with in reason and build a good relationship. When something goes really wrong it's good to have a dealer that will stand up for you. Unfortunately we the consumer are often the test pilots on these new products. It's just the reality with such small volume products.

The margin on these machines is crazy small. These guys really only survive on accessieries and service and you probably give all your accessory money to the internet.

Be careful what you ask for with price or no one will be left to help when you have a legitimate issue. The dealer can be very valuable when you need help. They know when they've seen an issue multiple times and can push on the manufacture for help.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I just put money down when i spring check, dont really care to nickel and dime the dealer. In return he treats me great and has gone out of his way for me as im not a headache for him.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I bet 90% of you guys negotiated somewhat on your sleds. Your just wanting to be the stand up internet guys:face-icon-small-dis

Premium Features