• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Limiter strap on Alpha

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I’m on the 4th hole. Sled came that way from the dealer. In the DEEP snow we are having in Washington right now I’d like to see if I could get better floatation/less trenching. Anyone try sucking up the limiter strap a hole or two?

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
I sucked mine up one hole. It sucked. Totally killed the playful feeling of the chassis and it was way too much ski pressure. Went back to the stock location and dropped the rear mount to the bottom hole and that has been the best I've been able to get it.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I sucked mine up one hole. It sucked. Totally killed the playful feeling of the chassis and it was way too much ski pressure. Went back to the stock location and dropped the rear mount to the bottom hole and that has been the best I've been able to get it.

In stock, out of the crate form, was your alpha rear skid mounted from the factory like mine? Front arm in the bottom mount hole and rear arm in the upper hole? Moved my rear mount to the lower hole and I liked a lot better. Haven’t touch limiter strap.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
In stock, out of the crate form, was your alpha rear skid mounted from the factory like mine? Front arm in the bottom mount hole and rear arm in the upper hole? Moved my rear mount to the lower hole and I liked a lot better. Haven’t touch limiter strap.

Front arm was in lower hole and rear arm was in center hole when new out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Fts at 55lbs #1, RTS at 135lbs #2. Front arm in bottom hole, rear arm in second hole from bottom. Best it’s worked in deep snow so far. I can’t remember if there was more than 2 holes in rear arm bracket.

Premium Features