• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thank you Polaris

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Just rode 3 days with the updated fuel map for my 850. All I can say is wow, this sled is finally running great and I finally have the sled that Polaris promised. I even found it seemed to run better on the top end because maybe the spark plugs were staying cleaner. This with stock spark plugs back in the motor.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Anyone know what the reflash does ? Like add/ remove timing, lean it out ?

gqapex

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2008
Just rode 3 days with the updated fuel map for my 850. All I can say is wow, this sled is finally running great and I finally have the sled that Polaris promised. I even found it seemed to run better on the top end because maybe the spark plugs were staying cleaner. This with stock spark plugs back in the motor.

Teth-air, I have had the same experience with this new ecu update. It is a completely different sled. I was ready to sell it but after the last ride with the new map I came home so happy with it.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Cleans up the slower speed on/off throttle response?

Yes, as close to perfect as you can expect. I still found gains with the BPR6EIX iridium plugs before the fuel map so I will try and find some maybe around a BPR8EIX to see if the combo of the fuel map and the better hotter plugs can yield an even better performance.

I was suppose to take mine is this morning for the reflash but cancelled. Last night I took apart my primary to find 10-68's and not the 66's that were suppose to be installed, so I installed my Dalton QAP-2 and set up for 66. Pulled my plugs and they were pretty good but over gapped,.. a little dark but my sled usually started 1st or second pull. Found the plugs were gapped around .032,.. so I set down to .025 as will see.

Maybe try this weekend to see how she runs.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I was suppose to take mine is this morning for the reflash but cancelled. Last night I took apart my primary to find 10-68's and not the 66's that were suppose to be installed, so I installed my Dalton QAP-2 and set up for 66. Pulled my plugs and they were pretty good but over gapped,.. a little dark but my sled usually started 1st or second pull. Found the plugs were gapped around .032,.. so I set down to .025 as will see.

Maybe try this weekend to see how she runs.

It may run better but not as good as with the flash.

CaptNCoke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edgewood, Wa
Had mine reflashed.
Completely different sled. I wasn’t very happy with my 850 up to this point. I was kinda wishing I waited a year. But very pleased know, it’s super snappy from bottom , thru mid and pulls hard on top.
I also put slp mtx weights, and blue/ pink spring in primary.
Great combination.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
A little more info collected now.

The sled is running really well but it and buddy's will still leave a dirty streak in the snow at times. This was completely gone when I had the chance to run 94 octane fuel with ethanol but in the 91 mode. I believe that fuel is up to 10% ethanol. The sled ran fantastic with it and ran clean.

A weird thing is, some sleds see to run without this dirty streak in the snow so this tells me that they are not all exactly the same. I would really like to find out if there is a sensor or calibration that is changing how rich/lean these things are running.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Had mine reflashed.
Completely different sled. I wasn’t very happy with my 850 up to this point. I was kinda wishing I waited a year. But very pleased know, it’s super snappy from bottom , thru mid and pulls hard on top.
I also put slp mtx weights, and blue/ pink spring in primary.
Great combination.

im running the same minus the spring, how many grms you running and whats your weight placement and eleavation.
Im using 74s with one grm per hole.

OhioMike1989

Premium Member
Jun 21, 2017
somewhere on the BS filled internet I read that not all machines need the update and dealers will only reflash the "needed" machines... can anyone confirm or deny

T
Nov 11, 2008
somewhere on the BS filled internet I read that not all machines need the update and dealers will only reflash the "needed" machines... can anyone confirm or deny

Two different dealers have mentioned to different people that they won't flash your sled until you have built a case and taken it in twice for the fouling issue.

I have seen one that definitely does not need the flash.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Two different dealers have mentioned to different people that they won't flash your sled until you have built a case and taken it in twice for the fouling issue.

I have seen one that definitely does not need the flash.

My sled hasnt seen the dealer in almost a 1000 miles. Took it in monday to get the flash done, no questions asked, they flashed it. We will see if it improves this weekend.

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
Got mine refreshed yesterday too. I've had 0 issues all year and mine has always ran really strong. I'll try it out Saturday and see

slim800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2009
idaho falls,idaho
reflash

I had the flash done last week, no questions from the dealer. Man does it run better!! Bottom and midrange is where I noticed the biggest change.
I also installed the SLP weights and blue/pink primary spring 2 wks ago.
running between 8200-8300 all day long. Love this sled!!

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
2 rides ago I was experiencing lots of bogging and sputtering after a hot start, I called a dealership to book my sled in for a re map, the dealer tried reflashing my ecu but the digital wrench wouldn't allow the map to load cause there was no previous complaint about my bogging, the dealer did do some throttle adjustments and cleared aprox 30 plus codes. The dealer told me to ride it and bring it back in a few days but was also gonna charge me 3/4 of a hr of shop labour for the work they did, and that didn't sit with me very well, I told them other dealers were doing it for free, they said prove it, so on my next visit I brought in a friends ecm update work order that showed no charge and they said ok no charge. I rode the sled the next day after the erased codes and throttle adjustments and my sled was a rock star, no bogging , no blk smoke, so my issue was prob just throttle out of adjustments, but I did go back a day later and was sucessfull up loading the reflash but I haven't rode it since so I dont know the results.

Premium Features