• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ZRP 1" Offset Spindles

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
Or any offset spindle. Do you have any negative steering issues from staggered pivots points? Compared to stock spindles on 37" arms, will it feel the same?

Overthehood

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2016
I'm running them at 37 inches and they work great. Absolutely no issues, can still hold slopes so steep it absolutely amazes me. Places I thought were challenging on my Pro seem like a walk in the park.

S

SWITCHMAN

Apr 25, 2012
Hudson, WI
I just put a set on my Assault. Front end is at 38.5" w the zbros dual rate springs. Only a trip to the UP on them, no negative feedback here. We played in the trees and old logging roads all day. Little easier to roll over, and can fit between the tight trees better. Trail manners were the same. Only put on maybe 25-30 miles on trail to get to our spots. I didn't notice anything different with the steering.
I won't be able to give a good deep snow review til next year, our final trip out to Colorado has been scrapped. The Kremmling area was great this year.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Have them on my 13 Pro with stock width ZBroz arms produces a 36.5" stance for me.

I'm a little tippy on the trails (could be in my shock set-up too), but LOVE IT off trail.

Last edited:

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
only thing i see being an issue is it kinda puts the spindle put there to catch on something where narrow arms bring the spindles in away from danger

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
Or any offset spindle. Do you have any negative steering issues from staggered pivots points? Compared to stock spindles on 37" arms, will it feel the same?
The offset spindle works really well on Polaris because the Polaris front suspension is designed to get the spindle vehicle throughout the entire suspension travel so the offsetting the bottom of the spindle won't cause the negative handling effects using shorter a-arms might

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
stupid question here:
are the spindles offset 1” each side or 1/2” for total of 1”?

thanks

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
TTT.
Any more reviews on these? Thinking of picking up a set. On my first ride this year and have been battling my 3'' Assault. Moved front shocks and RTS to 2 clicks from softest and that helped a bit. Also still learning this sled so making little strides everyday. I was pretty discouraged the first 2 days and lost a lot of confidence but getting back to normal slowly. I just can't believe how much this sled fights you sometimes and how it tends to dive. 1-2" riser should help throw it over too. Sled came with low rise pro tapers which I never ridden with before.
Sorry to be long winded, just don't want to keep throwing money at it if it won't be worth it.
Thanks
DG

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
Jackson will be a go. The entire Teton/Bridger Teton area has tons of snow. Best snow year over here since at least 2010-11.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
As Source Innovations being the original developer of the offset spindles, the answer is NO there are no noticeable negative effects of the offsets, only positive. Don't forget your skis are offset if you run them anything other then centered to your spindle.

Premium Features