• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 summit 850

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
Should say most powerful in current production. The old 1000s from cat and Doo made more hp

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
watch the 850 etec video...now honestly tell us you wouldnt want one..haha

Don't need to watch any video. This guy isn't buying any SkiDon't, Cat, or Yammy. And there aren't many Unmodified stock parts on my sleds anyway, so I can't really say I ride Polaris either.

chad006

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2015
Don't need to watch any video. This guy isn't buying any SkiDon't, Cat, or Yammy. And there aren't many Unmodified stock parts on my sleds anyway, so I can't really say I ride Polaris either.

Sounds like you missed the motor down thread in the axys forum and somehow landed in the doo forum!

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Stock etec 800 bore with just porting adds 12hp on pump fuel and no changes to head.. That's up to 175hp and the 860/880 have been doing the 20 plus hp for years

Hate to be "that" guy, but what are the odds a stock OEM 850cc twin is going to push 180hp on PUMP fuel? Think about it...not likely. If Doo can pull it off, that'll be pretty damn impressive, considering that most 872's / 880's are in that range running wayyy better fuel.

M

Meyersnow

Feb 8, 2015
Breckenridge
Pic of new sled

Photo grabbed from a video that ski-doo just dropped on their facebook page, and then took it down to just tease us!

Screen Shot 2016-02-20 at 7.49.56 PM.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I can still see it.

View my link through the mobile app on your phone, not the web link on your phone's browser.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Don't slam the lightweight technology just because Polaris jumped light years ahead of BRP . Remember when lightweight ski Doo were the greatest?

I love lightweight but I've seen enough axys with problems this year that I won't be buying one. I was going to buy one not now. I've seen my buddies miss 3' pow days because of bogging issues. So your statement of them being light years ahead is 100% false. They were ahead a little in the deep powder capability when they run right but that's it. Durability is more important than light weight especially when the difference in rtr weight is only 20lbs. 174 t3 vs axys 163x3". This new chassis, engine and clutch combo will have poo and cat worried. As soon as poo can figure out how to build a sled that can go 2000 miles with only maintainance then I'll be looking at them again. When I ask the poo guys I ride with how long they've gotten an engine to last they always say " we don't care. We get new ones every year so we don't have to worry about the engine blowing up". Lol. That isn't something I have the luxury of doing so I have to buy something that will last. I've got 2600 miles on my sled and haven't done anything but maintained it. Gotta love Doo.

Premium Features