• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Ski-Doo Summit speculation thread.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Skidoo is due to get out of the 2008 bulkhead, they have tweaked it to the max with the T3's. Love my T3 but some things I don't love about it. Hoping for something revolutionary again from skidoo, cause this year the Axys is the real deal and the Cats are not too shabby either. I don't think I've seen all the manufactures be so close with their mountain sleds.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
It has nothing to do with years or cycles, it has to do with sales and economy and competition. Poo raised the game with the Axys (even though engines are dropping like flies already), if Doo doesn't up the chassis they will not sell any 2017 sleds. It will be narrower. They don't need to do a thing to the engine, it still kills the Axys sleds on long pulls.

"Big changes in the mountain segment, nothing for the flatlanders."
Quote from a Doo rep.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I would consider this the 9th year of this chassis...changing plastics and skid position is just refinement.
Yes, they are due but they are also still more than competitive with the T3. We will see. :face-icon-small-win

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Ya
I am feeling the love from Ski-Doo.
I think they are going to toss the faithful something very nice.

Christopher, Do it even if it is not something new. You will love it for many of the same reasons you love your 4 strokes. The ETEC is proven to have great reliability and great power. It feels so much lighter than your 4 strokes. Don't get me wrong I love the power of the 4s with a turbo. But lightweight in the mountains is a BIG deal if you are going to do anything besides climb.

Smoke Show

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2008
Fort Nelson, BC
Christopher, Do it even if it is not something new. You will love it for many of the same reasons you love your 4 strokes. The ETEC is proven to have great reliability and great power. It feels so much lighter than your 4 strokes. Don't get me wrong I love the power of the 4s with a turbo. But lightweight in the mountains is a BIG deal if you are going to do anything besides climb.

I held onto my Nytro thinking I'd miss the power but after only a couple weekends riding my Doo I quickly realized I will never use the Nytro over the Doo again for a weekend.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
I am really loving my T3. I don't ride like Burandt or Adams or any of those guys. Not much terrain like that around here. That being said though, I will do the Skinz Rassmussen Boards and the narrow Skinz side panels next year. I am at 8% on break in and the more I ride it the more I love it. The first 25% had me wondering if I made a mistake jumping from Polaris but this motor and track just plain work! No issues at all. Knock on wood. Had to adjust my riding style a little bit to fit the machine but I am truly happy. I would be happy to see all the changes you guys are asking for but I for one am going to ride this one for a few years. I think Ski-doos last that long ;-)

J
Oct 15, 2013
Breckenridge, CO
I'm 50 and I'll admit I may be a bit out of touch with how the target demographic make their buying decisions, but if they are making their decision based upon who the company pays to say good things about the product........Well, that makes me think you kids are dumber than ball sack skin hair sweat!

My purchasing is based purely on 1st hand riding and testing and has nothing to do what the "Pros" are saying. If that was the case I most likely wouldn't be on a ski doo to start with. I absolutely hated the PRO-ride chassis, hated it. Rode an Axys a few different times this season and really thought it was a huge improvement and really enjoyed it. BUT, I still love my XM... It's a tough choice, but I won't be buying another XM from Ski Doo most likely when the Axys is such a great sled as well. Now if ski doo comes out with a lighter and thinner chassis for 17 then I'll almost 100% be on that train.
My original point was that I think Ski Doo needs to get the 17 announced asap to try and salvage some of the buyers that are looking to make a change to the Axys here before the season is over. We KNOW the Polaris 17 won't be drastic, just small refinements, so there is some comfort buying an Axys knowing you won't be screwed next fall when something new comes out.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Finger is on the trigger to SnowCheck two identical 2017 Summits

hqdefault.jpg

1451973153368.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
There IS a big new change coming. They've been letting their dealers know for a month or so now. Not a lot of specifics but it's coming.
Will everyone be willing to PAY for the new technology when there are such AMAZING deals to be had on 2016 sleds right now.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Revolutionary Sparky 174 Summit $6999.00 snowcheck only, includes free module helmet, bumble bee jacket & 1 case of bombardier gold synthetic oil.

Doo and Snowest are working close on getting the glossy photos ready for a marketing blitz.

DPG

J

Jeff800

Dec 2, 2007
Washington
I'm still on a 2004 Rev, love it but it is time to go to the wife or sell it. I would have bought a XM last year but here in Eastern Washington we had no snow I only made it up twice. I'm tempted by the 2016 Axys. My buddy just upgraded from a 2012 Pro which blew the motor so he went for a 2016 Axys. He said it is night and day from his old Pro, it is a nice sled, but he and another Polaris die hard are always wrenching to fix major issues. Not to bash but I just like that ETEC. They are due for something lighter and a bit better.:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features