• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My summer project is finally coming around

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
nice looking machine. i hope you weren't running that thing out of fuel + jerry cans when it was stock. i have 2000 miles on my 700 and have only ran it out of fuel one time and that was a stupid deep day and i was 200 yards from the truck on the way home. you'll have to let us know how many miles you can put on that thing w/ the larger tank.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
nice looking machine. i hope you weren't running that thing out of fuel + jerry cans when it was stock. i have 2000 miles on my 700 and have only ran it out of fuel one time and that was a stupid deep day and i was 200 yards from the truck on the way home. you'll have to let us know how many miles you can put on that thing w/ the larger tank.

i've never rode it stock, she was boosted out of the crate:D i figure on 15.5 gallons tho it should be good for 50-60 miles depending on snow conditions, spring snow probably good for 70-80

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
this bumper is not designed to take head on impactcs all that much better than the stock bumper... testing had shown that with the stouter set up bumper the bulk head was taking the abuse and actually bending and i dont know about you but i'd rather replace a $300 bumper than a bulk head. this bumper will work great for me for the fact that it comes all the way around to the shock tower on both sides protecting the hood and the belly pan plastics. when riding tight tree's i can now take on a 3-4" "traction tree" and not worry about damaging my plastics

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
this bumper is not designed to take head on impactcs all that much better than the stock bumper... testing had shown that with the stouter set up bumper the bulk head was taking the abuse and actually bending and i dont know about you but i'd rather replace a $300 bumper than a bulk head. this bumper will work great for me for the fact that it comes all the way around to the shock tower on both sides protecting the hood and the belly pan plastics. when riding tight tree's i can now take on a 3-4" "traction tree" and not worry about damaging my plastics

It looks to me like the way the bumper brackets bolt on the side of the nosepan, that any impact will rip the brackets off the nosepan.

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
Track, driver & TS skid install pics?

Jeremy,

Can you please post up a couple of pics of the track & rear skid install?

You sled is looking awesome. Appreciate the hard work and keeping us posted on the progress. :beer;

Thanks.

akrevrider

Last edited:
J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
It looks to me like the way the bumper brackets bolt on the side of the nosepan, that any impact will rip the brackets off the nosepan.

the brackets to me seem to just mainly be for looks and to tie the whole bumper together... the main strength point of the bumper is up where it connects to the stock bumper by 4 mounting points... from the looks of it to me it should hold up very well.

Last edited:
J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Jeremy,

Can you please post up a couple of pics of the track & rear skid install?

You sled is looking awesome. Appreciate the hard work and keeping us posted on the progress. :beer;

Thanks.

akrevrider

i will be removing the front cooler tomorrow, and reinstalling the drive shaft and track... the suspension i will hopefully be doing this weekend, will post some more pics as i get these things installed

Last edited:
A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
i will be removing the front cooler tomarrow, and reinstalling the drive shaft and track... the suspension i will hopefully be doing this weekend, will post some more pics as i get these things installed

Jeremy,

Did you cut the old drivers off and how did you press the new ones on?
It looks like the Avid driver with internal splines goes on the clutch side.
Pics of the install process and how you lined it up on the PC track would be appreciated.

akrevrider

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
my old drivers are being pressed off right now as we speak, and the new ones are being pressed on. I have a buddy that owns a local mod shop and has a press so he is doing this part of it for me... its pretty simple install though just check mearsurments center to center on the track and make sure the drivers line up as you are pressing them on... is helpful to have the track right next to you so you can go back and forth the whole time to make sure everything will line up. will post up some more info and pics tomarrow of the install

Premium Features