• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LTS Snow Report 2019

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
I shoveled 5 inches of wet snow off that deck yesterday. We got 5” of better snow last night. Finally got colder. We still have no grooming up here. Just my neighbor doing the 07 rode from the parking lot to our houses. I think everyone needs to complain about this years grooming. We pay for this through our green stickers and we are not getting the benefits. It’s good riding everywhere right now.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Lack of grooming

WE ride out of Tamarack sno park by Shaver Lake six weeks ago the groomer was under snow only thing showing where lights on the roof two weeks ago it is completely covered over.I would like to find out from someone who was the individual or organization who let this impressive operation happen.They have not groomed there in at least three years and now they let the groomer become buried.Green sticker funds are like the ca. redemption program on recycle ,pay pay and get in this case absolutely nothing back.PERFECT.Chime in if you can prove me wrong.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
I can snowmobile any day of the week. I’am A sunny day snowmobiler. Lately we haven’t had many sunny days. Once again the clouds rolled in this morning and it started snowing again. I’m canceling today.

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Hey Steve, you're starting to sound like an old lightweight, like me. The young dudes can have the cloudy/overcast days. My old eyes need them blue-bird days. Hope Mary is healing well.

PS - Have you found any Schlitz on your doorstep yet?:face-icon-small-hap

silvertip

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 3, 2001
Nevada City Calif
Steve and Don I'm in the same boat. I need that sun shine to see what I'm running into.
Also wishing my best and a speedy recover to Mary.

Dirt Guy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2010
I have to agree with Trackman on the grooming at LTS. Received an email today from the Forest Service on the grooming at LTS. Grooming update #6, Pretty Darn Sad.Seems that all that is going to get groomed this week is from the parking lot to Jackson Meadows and back. Supposed to happen today. What Happened to the other 100 miles of trails?.Meadow lake has not been groomed in the last three weeks or any other route. I used to groom that area myself in the 90"s, Know it well. Seems the contact groomer does not have much interest in taking care of the grooming, What he bid and what he is getting paid for. Might get involved with the grooming program myself this summer and see if we can 't get this back on track like it used to be. In the mean time, the contract Grooming goes thru April 15th, and I guess we just have to live with it.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Allen and I are heading out tomorrow. If any one whats to go were head out of my house about 10:30 or so. It looks nice out there. I have not been out for a week. I think the sun is going to be tomorrow Don.

IMG_4827.JPG

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Old Dudes Scoot # ????

Thanks Steve.

Tip, Ed and I headed East towards Sardine and Babbitt Lookouts this morning. Figured there would be more than enough snow over on that side. A few clouds, but had sun most of the day. North slopes below Sardine L/O were really nice. Good play time. Jones Valley(Babbitt side) was firm. Got up to the last meadow before Babbitt and stopped for lunch. The L/O was socked in so we didn't go any higher. Worked our way over to Sardine Meadow and then cross-country back to the trucks. Another good day on the white. Tried attaching pics but no go.:face-icon-small-fro

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
What an awesome day. There is so much snow in the back country. The whole place is like a big roller coaster. Snow was firm with about 12' of fresh on top. Did see one snowmobile all day. We headed out to the Black Buttes. Pic 1 is the stone cabin. Pic 2 We climb the big hill out of Franch Lake. Pic 3 is the big hills out of Phoenix Lake. Pic 4 is the Black Buttes. They buried. Pic 5 is the Hourglass. So filled in. Pic 6 is at the top of the hill out of Phoenix Lake over looking Fordyce Lake. Oh I'am looking from someone to ride with tomorrow, Wednesday.

IMG_4832.JPG IMG_4834.JPG IMG_4836.JPG IMG_4840.JPG IMG_4842.JPG IMG_4843.JPG

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
What an awesome day. There is so much snow in the back country. The whole place is like a big roller coaster. Snow was firm with about 12' of fresh on top. Did see one snowmobile all day. We headed out to the Black Buttes. Pic 1 is the stone cabin. Pic 2 We climb the big hill out of Franch Lake. Pic 3 is the big hills out of Phoenix Lake. Pic 4 is the Black Buttes. They buried. Pic 5 is the Hourglass. So filled in. Pic 6 is at the top of the hill out of Phoenix Lake over looking Fordyce Lake. Oh I'am looking from someone to ride with tomorrow, Wednesday.

Beautiful !!! Awesome !!! :jaw::jaw::smow::smow::rockon::rockon::hail:

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Got out with Keith yesterday and headed to Paradise Chute's. Keith had a hard time with the right chute. Took 3 times but he made it with his Turbo Axys. We went over to the main chute and we both went up and out. I have not done that one in a long time my safe. Keith made a sick track up top on the right. We got about 6" of new snow Tuesday night so it was great out there.

IMG_4851.JPG IMG_4855.JPG IMG_4869.jpg IMG_4861.JPG

W

wuzup

R.I.P. BIG DOG
Dec 6, 2007
Antelope,Ca
Westcoastsledders site

Is anyone else having trouble getting on this site. It seems to have disappeared.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Spring has arrived. I rode for 3 days. The snow is hard in the morning. Softened up nice in the afternoon. Had a big crowd of guys on Saturday. We covered some ground. Headed back out to the Black Butte's. Pic 2 is looking down at the bottom of the Hour Glass. We tore that place up. I guess I wore them all out on Saturday. Only had Dave and I left on Sunday. We went to Lola. First time for me in 2 years. We find nice some snow in the trees up there. The bowl is filled in.

IMG_4871.JPG IMG_4875.JPG IMG_4879.JPG IMG_4880.JPG

W

wuzup

R.I.P. BIG DOG
Dec 6, 2007
Antelope,Ca
3/16 Grouse to the Black Buttes

1. Hour Glass 2. Top of Grouse 3.Middle of Hour Glass 4. The way over the Buttes 5. Looking down Grouse into the Bowl. Maybe that was you guys Trackman that helped my buddy that highsided his sled at the Buttes and ran me down to let me know? :bowl:

IMG_20190316_134948.jpg IMG_20190316_101404.jpg IMG_20190316_123450 (800x480).jpg IMG_20190316_123444 (800x474).jpg IMG_20190316_101457.jpg

Last edited:

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
1. Hour Glass 2. Top of Grouse 3.Middle of Hour Glass 4. The way over the Buttes 5. Looking down Grouse into the Bowl. Maybe that was you guys Trackman that helped my buddy that highsided his sled at the Buttes and ran me down to let me know? :bowl:

Yes that was me crew. Glad there was no damage.

Premium Features