• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

163 with 155 tunnel

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
If you bought a used set of rails and a nice used track, then sold your 155 parts it should almost be a wash depending on what kind of deals you can find.

FYI... I just sold a used set of 163 rails last month for 200 bucks.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
If you can find a competent fabricator, it’s way cheaper to buy a 163 and just cut it. Plus you can cut it further than a 155 tunnel.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Is it really worth it if you don’t ride like Tory, Travis, Burandt, Curtis, or Bakker???

On top of all the acrobatic maneuvers that are held up by the tunnel, in my opinion, the likelihood of getting stuck is going to be significantly decreased. A lot of times when I get actually stuck, I am STUCK BAD. Cant ski pull it out, even with two guys. End up shoveling and/or rolling the sled. The tunnel is always in the way, always hung up or touching the sides of the trench or a tree or something. So if the tunnel is always hanging up on something when I'm stuck, it's probably hanging up on something when I'm not stuck, to one degree or another. Also, at the moment of getting stuck, being able to flip over backwards, at least partially will make getting unstuck so much easier. One more thing, pointed downhill and wanting to turn back uphill and there's a tree in the way or something that you have to make it above, less tunnel will probably let the track slide/wash sideways easier letting you pivot a tighter radius, which would be awesome.

So yeah I think it will be a big deal even for the average rider, or even below average rider. Nobody likes getting stuck, and nobody likes shoveling. If you're really a rookie though, I bet flipping over backwards on purpose could get dangerous.

Kyle fell into a creek last ride. We had to roll him out backwards. Ended up breaking his bumper and bending his tunnel. If his tunnel was 6" shorter that wouldn't have happened I don't think.

picture.php

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I think it would have a rather large benefit to most guys who use the sled to any degree of its limitations.

The more you begin to pay attention to the tunnel hanging up the more you notice how often it drags and creates a weird sort of "stalling" sensation. I've spent quite a bit of time on cats these last 2 seasons and their tall kicked tunnel that has very similar proportions like the 163/155 build or a 5" cut 155 tunnel.

Even trenched in, gentle turn out you start dragging tunnel. Let alone steeper wheelie turns etc. The harder you ride the sled and the more acrobatic your riding gets, the more you will notice the gains. It IMO is one of the biggest flaws of the RMK chassis at this point. Im sorting out what ill be riding for next season, but whatever it is is going to get the chop.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
You two goof balls are pretty confident.... hahaha

Tory... you get STUCK BAD because your big enough to scare Sasquatch.

Nick... I will stop by on the way to Tony’s this spring and you can lop it of. :face-icon-small-ton

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Been trolling Polaris on FB messenger to add this as a Snowcheck option, they've read it, but so far no response. Not like it would cost them any extra time or effort beyond adding a line item on the Snowcheck config.

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
Been trolling Polaris on FB messenger to add this as a Snowcheck option, they've read it, but so far no response. Not like it would cost them any extra time or effort beyond adding a line item on the Snowcheck config.

Next year Snowcheck I bet. Gotta keep us wanting to buy new every year

Premium Features