For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2019, 03:45 PM
Currently: Loving the Alpha 165
Thanked 1,376 Times in 682 Posts
Matte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond repute
Default Limiter strap on Alpha

Iím on the 4th hole. Sled came that way from the dealer. In the DEEP snow we are having in Washington right now Iíd like to see if I could get better floatation/less trenching. Anyone try sucking up the limiter strap a hole or two?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-22-2019, 06:02 PM
Currently: Not set.
Thanked 1,585 Times in 666 Posts
madmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond repute

Where do you have the skid shocks set up at? What holes are your skid mounts in?
18' axis 163 stock

Old 02-22-2019, 06:10 PM
bcsnowdog has a reputation beyond reputebcsnowdog has a reputation beyond reputebcsnowdog has a reputation beyond reputebcsnowdog has a reputation beyond reputebcsnowdog has a reputation beyond reputebcsnowdog has a reputation beyond reputebcsnowdog has a reputation beyond reputebcsnowdog has a reputation beyond reputebcsnowdog has a reputation beyond reputebcsnowdog has a reputation beyond reputebcsnowdog has a reputation beyond repute

I found higher front shock pressure sled would trench in deep BC powder.
I run 35lbs works good.

Old 02-22-2019, 08:33 PM
Currently: waiting for Silber to fix the Ctec boost map...
whittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond repute

I sucked mine up one hole. It sucked. Totally killed the playful feeling of the chassis and it was way too much ski pressure. Went back to the stock location and dropped the rear mount to the bottom hole and that has been the best I've been able to get it.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:50 PM
Thanked 1,585 Times in 666 Posts
madmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittaker727 View Post
I sucked mine up one hole. It sucked. Totally killed the playful feeling of the chassis and it was way too much ski pressure. Went back to the stock location and dropped the rear mount to the bottom hole and that has been the best I've been able to get it.
In stock, out of the crate form, was your alpha rear skid mounted from the factory like mine? Front arm in the bottom mount hole and rear arm in the upper hole? Moved my rear mount to the lower hole and I liked a lot better. Havenít touch limiter strap.
18' axis 163 stock

The Following User Says Thank You to madmax For This Useful Post:
Matte Murder (02-26-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 11:55 PM
Currently: waiting for Silber to fix the Ctec boost map...
whittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond reputewhittaker727 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
In stock, out of the crate form, was your alpha rear skid mounted from the factory like mine? Front arm in the bottom mount hole and rear arm in the upper hole? Moved my rear mount to the lower hole and I liked a lot better. Havenít touch limiter strap.

Front arm was in lower hole and rear arm was in center hole when new out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-26-2019, 02:35 AM
Currently: Loving the Alpha 165
Thanked 1,376 Times in 682 Posts
Matte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond reputeMatte Murder has a reputation beyond repute

Fts at 55lbs #1, RTS at 135lbs #2. Front arm in bottom hole, rear arm in second hole from bottom. Best itís worked in deep snow so far. I canít remember if there was more than 2 holes in rear arm bracket.