• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

175 Summit!!!

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Who else is jacked up for this new sled?!

Does anyone have a complete list of what is different on the X vs the sp sled?

I am up for that list also. I am sure the shocks are different but what else? I like the octane blue but for around $800 or $900.00 more, I'll wrap it instead if it's only shocks. I don't ride trails enough or hard enough to care.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
I believe you get the 4 year warranty on the SP if you spring check it, so only the shocks and running boards are different.

What part of the running boards is different? I never have seen the difference so please fill me in. Is it worth $800.00 to go to the X?

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
What part of the running boards is different? I never have seen the difference so please fill me in. Is it worth $800.00 to go to the X?
The X running board is more "open" and is supposed to have less drag in the deep powder. Shocks on the X are rebuildable, where the SP's aren't. Internal components are supposed to be the same quality (per Doo rep), just not rebuildable on the SP. Worth it? That's a personal decision. Personally I'm thinking or snowchecking one and it will be and SP for me.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
X model is $500 more unless you order the "special" color for that year.

X model has lighter rebuildable shocks, light weight wave brake rotor w/stainless line, the rear 80% of running board is way better than SP, and over all weight is typically 5ish lbs lighter than SP, from the shocks and chromoly lower a arms vs steel.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I've had shocks revavled and it was a waste of money on stock shocks. You have to do springs to as the stock Doo springs are so light and they lose some of their already soft rate over the first 8-10 rides. By then you are about halfway to Fox or Raptors which are light years better. It appears those X shocks are exactly the same shock they have been using since 2012!!!! Come on Ski Doo you can do better.

Cat man doo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
The rear of the X boards tip up instead of straight back on the SP as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Well after much deliberation, I checked the 154". With the ride reports of it being a little tough to turn "occasionally" and me not riding in "epic" pow all that often, I decided to try something different this year. Been a long time since I ran anything smaller than 163" snow conditions seem to get worse every year so I put the upgraded track money into other accessories.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Well after much deliberation, I checked the 154". With the ride reports of it being a little tough to turn "occasionally" and me not riding in "epic" pow all that often, I decided to try something different this year. Been a long time since I ran anything smaller than 163" snow conditions seem to get worse every year so I put the upgraded track money into other accessories.

That's where I'm going as well. After riding my 165 this year, I've decided it's way to much track for any snow that isn't 2'+ of fresh.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
That's where I'm going as well. After riding my 165 this year, I've decided it's way to much track for any snow that isn't 2'+ of fresh.

I know! I so wanted the 175" but can't justify it. The place I ride 99% of the time 70 miles from where live has only 48" of snow at it deepest Snotel site right now. 136" would be enough and I found myself fighting a long sled in setup/crusty snow last weekend. I wish I lived in or near Revy and Island Park, but I don't and I don't weight 275# or more. Super cool sled for those that will use it for sure though.

Premium Features