• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My retro build: Sno Pro 600 triple 141" -99

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
Also on another note, its hard to see in the pic but is your blow off valve a recircing type or atmospheric? Carb is a whole other animal but I know in the auto world with out having a recircing bov on a maf system it will stall out. makes it super rich.. How does that work with carb then, wont there be big rich and lean points? Have to get that wideband set up too!!

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
Winter is coming again :)

I had some issues with turbo, oil pump and electrical last year. Oil pump suddenly stopped time to time causing turbo braking down two times. Luckily I'm using this cheap turbo so parts for it are almost free. So far I'm going to stick in this turbo to learn all needed things of turbo world. Also some mystical electrical issue cut 6000+ rpm range out. All those issues along summer took my toughts away from this but new coming winter have changed the toughts :)

Seemed I had typed the boost sensor mapping table values wrong causing PCV fueling 10x more fuel than needed :D After fixing the table sled works quite nice. Now it needs fine tuning on fueling, timing, heads and clutching. Currently it surely has more power than stock, so the direction is right.

Engine is slightly ported (case and exhaust), stock heads (2.4mm squish), stock pipe modified to fit under hood, timing advanced 2.5 degree. What kind of timing and squish for pump gas setup?

I'm using stock Cat roller secondary. What kind of helixes you turbo guys have used with pump gas setups?

My current setup is:
- stock 9 bolt clutch (will be replaced with M8 clutch)
- AC yellow/white
- CPC Turbo weights 70gr
- 51 straight helix
- AC Green
- 18/43 gears with 7x3" drivers

Any tips are welcome :)

Here's last picture from last easter. Sled feels really good to be such old iron:
main.php

Last edited:
B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
Finally got issues solved and sled pulls hard! Issues were:
- Ignition (too advanced, stock now)
- Electrical malfunctions, including broken plug
- Added battery for oil pump and extra gauges
- Boost fuel table needed to be changed into progressive one. This was key thing to cleanout bottom end. Even I'm using china copy journal bearing turbo, it wakes up fast! Engine feels snappier than before without turbo. PCV rocks! :)

I'm still using stock squist (2.4mm) and it seems to work.

Need more snow to get it dialed completely.

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
Also on another note, its hard to see in the pic but is your blow off valve a recircing type or atmospheric? Carb is a whole other animal but I know in the auto world with out having a recircing bov on a maf system it will stall out. makes it super rich.. How does that work with carb then, wont there be big rich and lean points? Have to get that wideband set up too!!

The injection system on these engines is of a speed density type. They calculate the airflow based on throttle position, RPM and manifold pressure. Due to this a BOV that vents to atmosphere is fine, no need for a recirculating valve.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
AWesome build, great skills. Never saw anyone solder into a PCV before..

Would love an update with a bigger turbo!

Cheers

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland

Unfortunately I have had major problems with the engine: it won't rev over 6000 rpm. I've replaced every fricking electrical part and it still does that. So I've decided to tear this apart and start another project. Too shame :( I liked a lot how this handled etc.

New sled will be Sno Pro 600 -12. PCV, shocks, track and suspension will be reused from this sled. Front end will be DIY 36". I'm still wondering which engine to choose: 800 HO would be safe choice. In other hand, why not putting 1000cc twin there - everybody have 800HO. Or some 900+ cc 6/7 based engine would be very light weight. Any suggestions? :)

Last edited:
Premium Features