• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Ski-Doo Summit next to a 2016 Summit T3

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
This is a 2016 T3 Summit 174 in red and a 2017 Summit Rev G4 165, I lined this up as best as possible but obviously my driveway is no measuring lab, just for you guys to check out...cheers dave

724z1l.jpg

o5wb5e.jpg

2wo97cg.jpg

2r7lxna.jpg

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Awesome, Actual length is only 4.5inch in how much farther the rear to rear of the track is, so to me It not like a huge difference just cause the number is precieved as a 174 that does sound huge but length really isn't, I do also realize that the differences overall in the tracks or the T3 package itself Is the Huge difference in what each sled especially the 174 can do.

don`t get me wrong not bashing or downing in anyway I just am not worried about when people say man 174 that's to long won`t turn around won`t handle or maneuver cause of the the big number on the tunnel, but if the 163 to 174 in length is only 5.5inchs and the 165 to 174 is 4.5, cause we all know what the total package is all about, total awesomeness where a 174 or 165 or 163, length is concerned can`t really see the length concerns ya know.

even 154 to 174 is 10inch, that is a difference Im sure if feelable but only 2 inch longer than the size of the rear wheels if ya all know what I mean.

I`m tryin to get my Wife to let me snowcheck a Black G4 154, Pretty sure that will be a Huge improvement in my 04 Rev Summit now. that has a Big list of mods. look at my signature and see that my sled has a 37inch AI frontend, Tmotion rear skid/ 162x15x2.25 3.0pitch track D&R chaincase, have lightened it a lot! and has Freeride riser and bars, post forward mod and sidepanel feet forward mod, 07 X model narrower seat etc...... and I still fight getting this sled thrown around and Im about 170lbs geared up, just tired of fighting the chassis.

With what I listed, what is the your guys experience in how the ole Rev handles vs the XM vs the new G4???

Wildcard

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Awesome, Actual length is only 4.5inch in how much farther the rear to rear of the track is, so to me It not like a huge difference just cause the number is precieved as a 174 that does sound huge but length really isn't, I do also realize that the differences overall in the tracks or the T3 package itself Is the Huge difference in what each sled especially the 174 can do.

don`t get me wrong not bashing or downing in anyway I just am not worried about when people say man 174 that's to long won`t turn around won`t handle or maneuver cause of the the big number on the tunnel, but if the 163 to 174 in length is only 5.5inchs and the 165 to 174 is 4.5, cause we all know what the total package is all about, total awesomeness where a 174 or 165 or 163, length is concerned can`t really see the length concerns ya know.

even 154 to 174 is 10inch, that is a difference Im sure if feelable but only 2 inch longer than the size of the rear wheels if ya all know what I mean.

I`m tryin to get my Wife to let me snowcheck a Black G4 154, Pretty sure that will be a Huge improvement in my 04 Rev Summit now. that has a Big list of mods. look at my signature and see that my sled has a 37inch AI frontend, Tmotion rear skid/ 162x15x2.25 3.0pitch track D&R chaincase, have lightened it a lot! and has Freeride riser and bars, post forward mod and sidepanel feet forward mod, 07 X model narrower seat etc...... and I still fight getting this sled thrown around and Im about 170lbs geared up, just tired of fighting the chassis.

With what I listed, what is the your guys experience in how the ole Rev handles vs the XM vs the new G4???

Wildcard

I dont dispute your rev is sweet, but to the xm is night and day in how much easier the sled is to ride, the g4 is amazing but so is the T3, going to a T3 would be unreal for you if you wanted to save money and get a 2016, or you could go right into a 2017 Summit and it would also be sick, but I would say about the same in difference to your Rev. It is not the t3 and G4 are the same but the advantages over your rev are so big, even with your mods that either would be a big step forward. and i agree with your above statement, I strongly believe if the sticker was gone most would not know...with carving the sled.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Thanks Norona, Ya not sure if I can pull off a 2017 at this time and my local deal doesn't have any 16 or 15 left overs, might have a opportunity to get a really low miles 2015 SP 163 so will see how it goes, never rode an xm but have heard like you said difference is huge I can only imagine, so excited to upgrade is kinda hard to get rid of the ole girl I got so much work in but, time to stepup in technology for sure.

Your side by side pic are really cool, I really love the look of the G4 body style don`t care what other brand name owner say. Its awesome for sure so is the XM really cool sleds, would like to have both in my driveway also. Lol

Wildcard

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Thanks Norona, Ya not sure if I can pull off a 2017 at this time and my local deal doesn't have any 16 or 15 left overs, might have a opportunity to get a really low miles 2015 SP 163 so will see how it goes, never rode an xm but have heard like you said difference is huge I can only imagine, so excited to upgrade is kinda hard to get rid of the ole girl I got so much work in but, time to stepup in technology for sure.

Your side by side pic are really cool, I really love the look of the G4 body style don`t care what other brand name owner say. Its awesome for sure so is the XM really cool sleds, would like to have both in my driveway also. Lol

Wildcard

Like I said I don't doubt you have made that rev sweet, but you deserve something more fresh, definately can't go wrong with the T3 XM, I have been riding the new summit on and off for a while and I love going back on my 174 t3. and some great deals out there for sure! dave

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Thanks dave.
I know Polaris used to do that for a lot of years then they quit I wasn't sure if ski-doo started doing that also

Dave, I want to thank u for all u do in promoting the sport and info and videos u post on here.
GS6

Last edited:

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Ya thanks Norona, also love all your post and info on the new sleds and upgrades and all ya do to promote the sport also, I have watched probably every youtube vid you Karl Kustre, Rasmussen etc.. on these New Skidoo and BRP never stops on amazing me and other on there technology. Its funny to see other manufacturers come out with some tech or idea that skidoo started years before and to them its revolutionary, ya know. The pro on its first year reminded me so much of the original rev chassis.

Again Thanks, And keep up all the motivation and exciting topics

Wildcard

Premium Features