• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oakley Crowbar Goggles

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
Anybody use them? Are they good or not worth the money tried a pair on seemed to fit pretty good
48ac6cc41b1cd.jpg

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Love mine. I have the same lens u posted in the pic and they are DARK!!!!! I've never had any problems with them. I would say they are worth the $$$

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
I have a pair with the fire lenses and use them all the time especially on cold days. Seem to work better than my 509's when its really cold out, they are a little bigger and seal around my helmet better. Not sure what you are paying for them on price, but they didn't seem to bad when I got them, I think only $80. Check ebay if you found them for anymore.

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
I have a pair with the fire lenses and use them all the time especially on cold days. Seem to work better than my 509's when its really cold out, they are a little bigger and seal around my helmet better. Not sure what you are paying for them on price, but they didn't seem to bad when I got them, I think only $80. Check ebay if you found them for anymore.

We've updated the 509 Sinister frame to include oversized foam (extends past the goggle frame for a bigger footprint) and added a large removable nosemask. Both great for cold days. Should be available in 4-6 weeks.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
the local shop here has them for 135 but seen them online for under 100

Love mine. I have the same lens u posted in the pic and they are DARK!!!!! I've never had any problems with them. I would say they are worth the $$$
That's what i was hoping that they would be a little dark for those bright days

Thanks guys

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
i rock the Dragon DX's..two pair
one w a crome lens for those perfect blue bird days
and i have another pair w orange lenses for the overcast, socked in days

fit great w the HJC helmet i have, NEVER fogs, lenses are super tough
and best part..cheap/////...$47.00 on ebay, reg is $125

just bought the ones below:

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
i rock the Dragon DX's..two pair
one w a crome lens for those perfect blue bird days
and i have another pair w orange lenses for the overcast, socked in days

fit great w the HJC helmet i have, NEVER fogs, lenses are super tough
and best part..cheap/////...$47.00 on ebay, reg is $125

just bought the ones below:

that's a good price how do they fit into the size chart ? most of the ones i use are the large face or large medium

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
i bought the medium/large...i havent really seen other sizes, other than kids or womens

i love em dude, u wont be dissapointed w them :)

SnowBaller

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Grand Forks, ND
I used Crowbars all last season with my HJC AC-X3 helmet and had no problems at all. Got mine off ebay for less than full retail. I only have one pair with a persimmon lense and am looking to pick up another with a different lense. I would recommend them to anyone.

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
We've updated the 509 Sinister frame to include oversized foam (extends past the goggle frame for a bigger footprint) and added a large removable nosemask. Both great for cold days. Should be available in 4-6 weeks.
Any pics of prototypes?

If you come out with some that would be a little more warm, you can pretty much put me down on your list.

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
They are worth every cent, and then some !!!

The only true optically correct lense on the market.

Besides that, every other company is just a knock off of each other, maybe cosmetic changes, but thats it. Some smith, Scott and Spy lenses all interchange with eachother, made in the same factory, and there lenses dont even come close to the Oakleys.

I wore Spy forever, couldnt see the value in the the pricey Oakleys, now i can never see myself going back. (I have Crowbars). The lenses are that good !!!

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
Any pics of prototypes?

If you come out with some that would be a little more warm, you can pretty much put me down on your list.

Here's a photo that shows the oversized foam. Extends highest along the top to fill any gap between the goggles and helmet, but also extends past the frame on all sides.

whitesmall.jpg

Here's a proto of the nosemask. It will be solid black when finished & it is easily removable.

nosemask3.jpg

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
Here's a photo that shows the oversized foam. Extends highest along the top to fill any gap between the goggles and helmet, but also extends past the frame on all sides.

whitesmall.jpg

Here's a proto of the nosemask. It will be solid black when finished & it is easily removable.

nosemask3.jpg
Awesome look and product, what are prices gonna be?

Any packages with the goggles, movie????

Looks awesome, hopefully I'm early enough in line to get a pair before season!

G
Nov 30, 2007
I have three pairs and love them! I use the mx crowbars on warm days. I found them to work better than a dual lense imo! my Okley rep is really good about replacing worn out and broken stuff too!

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
I have three pairs and love them! I use the mx crowbars on warm days. I found them to work better than a dual lense imo! my Okley rep is really good about replacing worn out and broken stuff too!
second that about the single lense. Rode on the coldest day last year at -30 and 45 mph wind, no issues with the single pane's....

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
They are worth every cent, and then some !!!

The only true optically correct lense on the market.

Besides that, every other company is just a knock off of each other, maybe cosmetic changes, but thats it. Some smith, Scott and Spy lenses all interchange with eachother, made in the same factory, and there lenses dont even come close to the Oakleys.

I wore Spy forever, couldnt see the value in the the pricey Oakleys, now i can never see myself going back. (I have Crowbars). The lenses are that good !!!

Thanks thats what i was looking to hear :cool:

Premium Features