• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Subscription Instant Email Notification(s)

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
If it is any consolation to you Christopher I'm still getting notifications for threads I subscribed to that have been magically E-rased from existence for more than a week.

but the rest are hit and miss or non-existant for me as well.

I find it odd that Harris' policy will not allow a for sale add to be deleted, Ever! but paint one of your favorite companies / Advertisers in poor light and BAM! The entire thread and all traces are gone, except of course for the F'd up e-mail notifications that continue to roll in week/s later.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
And I'm back to waiting 30 seconds for a page to load

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
For me pages now load fast and notifications are coming within the hour.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
For me pages now load fast and notifications are coming within the hour.

You get special service being a Moderator. .........................................................................................................................Most of the rest of us have never seen this blazing fast service the new and improved servers were supposed to provide. All I've seen is slow to no notifications and other slow performance traits. Being in bush Alaska I don't expect much but SW is ridiculous.

Morse Code would be an improvement!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
No idea how moderator status changes my ability to load a page any faster.

matt159

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Southwest Iowa
no email notifications here either

I haven't received e.mail notifications for a couple weeks now. Just did a search & found this thread. Please add my name to the affected list of paying customers.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
No idea how moderator status changes my ability to load a page any faster.

Just trying to throw some humor on a bad situation. From our point of view, it would not surprise me if Harris has a punitive bias towards some of us opinionated posters that do not praise their chosen advertisers.

If I were to start a thread of their "gotta have it" vendors that I avoid for my "_" reasons, it would be deleted like all the others. Probably before it even got to the server, but at a minimum as soon as Christopher or whoever is the Harris Content Sensor.

Last edited:

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
just received an email notification today at 11:51 am for a pm i got on 09-29-2014, 08:56 PM

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I'm about ready to cancel all my subscriptions. Cause by the time I get the notification of said post, it is two or three pages back from what is current. May as well not get them at all. IMO

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
This morning I got an email for the pod cast pm on September 30.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Got an email notification of a PM but it is not in my inbox....new twist on things

Woodsrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Still getting delayed notices (yesterday). The last was 9 days old. Does not seem to be getting better first was 2 days the next was 5 now 9.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Still Digging..

<fieldset class="fieldset"><legend><label for="sel_autosubscribe">Default Thread Subscription Mode</label></legend> <table border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3"><tbody><tr><td>When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.</td></tr><tr><td> <label for="sel_autosubscribe">Default Thread Subscription Mode:</label></td></tr></tbody></table></fieldset>Do not subscribe
<label for="rb_user[autosubscribe]0_49"><input name="user[autosubscribe]" id="rb_user[autosubscribe]0_49" tabindex="1" value="0" type="radio">Subscribe with no notification</label>
<label for="rb_user[autosubscribe]1_49"><input name="user[autosubscribe]" id="rb_user[autosubscribe]1_49" tabindex="1" value="1" checked="checked" type="radio">Instant email notification</label>
<label for="rb_user[autosubscribe]2_49"><input name="user[autosubscribe]" id="rb_user[autosubscribe]2_49" tabindex="1" value="2" type="radio">Daily email notification</label>
<label for="rb_user[autosubscribe]3_49"><input name="user[autosubscribe]" id="rb_user[autosubscribe]3_49" tabindex="1" value="3" type="radio">Weekly email notification

</label>
For the members that have posted in this thread, this is what your current setting is.

Bocephus = Instant email notification
LoudHandle = Instant email notification
matt159 = Instant email notification
Scott = Do not subscribe
wfieldin = Subscribe with no notification
Woodsrider = Do not subscribe

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Christopher, You could petition the world to redefine the word "instant" to mean "up to and including never". If that would be easier for you? :face-icon-small-coo

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I unsubscribed and then re subscribed with instant notification. I have never got one notification about postings on this thread or others for that matter.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher, You could petition the world to redefine the word "instant" to mean "up to and including never". If that would be easier for you? :face-icon-small-coo

Just letting you know we haven't stopped working in this issue.
Its just been like beating our heads against a wall trying to figure out WHY some mails go right out, some are slightly delayed and others takes DAYS to go out.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
How quickly are PM notification emails supposed to go out?

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
HEY Christopher, I got notification about your post after I did the re-subscribe...that's better.

Premium Features