• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 polaris pro

G

gdhillon

Nov 29, 2012
Prince George BC
When the 16s drop do you guys think the 13-15 rmks price will go way down?...b/c of people wanting to get rid of them to get onto the new machine?

I ask b/c I want to upgrade my 06 summit but if the general consensus is the prices will drop like flies when the 16s come out I will suffer and continue sipping my doolaide for one more season

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
When the 16s drop do you guys think the 13-15 rmks price will go way down?...b/c of people wanting to get rid of them to get onto the new machine?

I ask b/c I want to upgrade my 06 summit but if the general consensus is the prices will drop like flies when the 16s come out I will suffer and continue sipping my doolaide for one more season

The prices will not drop like flies. Just because there is a new chassis doesn't mean people are going to want to take a huge hit on their current sled. There are always people wanting to sell theirs to upgrade to a newer sled a new chassis or new graphics it doesn't matter.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
The prices will not drop like flies. Just because there is a new chassis doesn't mean people are going to want to take a huge hit on their current sled. There are always people wanting to sell theirs to upgrade to a newer sled a new chassis or new graphics it doesn't matter.

Golden ticket may put 15's close to that much cheaper.
When the pro came out you couldnt give an IQ chassis away.
I tried. :)

6 months old, 500 miles, half price of new holdover price.

xmk1080

Lifetime Membership
Sep 23, 2008
Golden ticket may put 15's close to that much cheaper.
When the pro came out you couldnt give an IQ chassis away.
I tried. :)

6 months old, 500 miles, half price of new holdover price.

But you can't compare the IQ chassis to the pro, not especially the "13 to "14's :face-icon-small-hap

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010

No more than the 06 rev summit dropped when the 07 XRS or 08 XP came out. And then some wished they had their 06's back. First year sleds are always a crapshoot, every OEM has screwed them up. Those 06 revs were the best of the species.

If you can get a good/great deal on a new/used pro RMK that works with your budget and it's time to upgrade, do it. One of the great things about the pro, just like the original M chassis - there are so many out there now, just about every bug has been discovered, there is a fix for everything, and the aftermarket is way rich with products. Life is short, enjoy the ride.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
No more than the 06 rev summit dropped when the 07 XRS or 08 XP came out. And then some wished they had their 06's back. First year sleds are always a crapshoot, every OEM has screwed them up. Those 06 revs were the best of the species.

If you can get a good/great deal on a new/used pro RMK that works with your budget and it's time to upgrade, do it. One of the great things about the pro, just like the original M chassis - there are so many out there now, just about every bug has been discovered, there is a fix for everything, and the aftermarket is way rich with products. Life is short, enjoy the ride.

Spot on! People also thought that the M7 price would hit rock bottom when the M8 came out. It just didn't happen.

R
Thats just it, I picked up a hold over 2014 pro 163 800 for 9500 otd. I figure ill ride it for a couple years and snow check a 2017. Its just like the M series from AC. The M's still get decent vaule out of them.

Last edited:

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Thats just it, I picked up a hold over 2014 pro 163 800 for 9500 otd. I figure ill ride it for a couple years and snow check a 2017. Its just like the M series from AC. The M's still get decent vaule out of them.
Nicely done!:face-icon-small-win

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Here's one of my older posts.

I am taking this as something big is coming out next year in the MTN segment. The writing is on the wall for it!

Sucks it didn't happen this year but by next yr the new 800HO will have had a year of testing and any bugs worked out, I am guessing the Axys bulkhead and bodywork is the future of the Pro.

2016 is going to be a great year for the rmk, 800 ho motor, new body, rolled chain case and bigger track!!,

Why did they go with electronically controlled power valves? That's one thing I always disliked about cats set up( frayed cables, bad servo motor, etc).
More parts to break.... I'd rather have Polaris be conservative on their 60th rather then what happened to cats 50th.

so basically all the RMK gets for next year is BNG?? with snow check you can choose some options and get a voucher for ’16 when all the real changes happen???

attachment.php

I've heard the rumors and I've seen some images from the field of prototypes from all brands for the future the same as others "in the know" on here. Some old some new. This indicates a direction of thought, but not of actual production offerings per se. The engineers are pushing the envelope and I've seen some pretty amazing, awesome wild ideas on the snow in some remote places that never made it to reality... from all the manufacturers.

Plain and simple... The "Golden ticket" is for 2016 AND 2017 purchases.

There are some top-level dealers out there telling their racers and regular clients they have seen the future production sleds... not the case... what they have seen are prototypes. The dealers that might have some direct exposure to to engineers and some proto offerings are not privy to the "bean counters" decisions for what makes it to production and what does not. The top dealers and DSM's were "off" in 2009/10 for what hit the snowcheck brochures for the 2011 sleds.

The engineers would love to pull off a 320lb, 190 hp, mountain shredder that beats all... In reality, that decision is PUSHED by them.. but not MADE by them (much to the engineers chagrin).

Dealers, even the best ones, don't know what comes out the next year from the decisions that a publicly traded company that is affected by production considerations, market share, unit cost vs. sales price/volume.

Before the PRO Chassis RMK's came out the rumors abounded from the same sources. Rumors like the 2011's having 3" tracks, belt drives, new electronic clutches, 900cc engines, Direct injection, factory turbos etc.

Some of the predictions came true, some didn't and none of them ended up in the 2011's... HMM...

There is a strong likelihood of the 2016 PRO RMK/RMK/Assault remaining with the current engine and chassis and that 2017 will be the year of the new release.

As far as the engines or chassis being shared on the Mountain and trail sleds....That also is a big "what if".... In my conversations with Polaris, they made it clear that the focus of future sled design will be more market specific and designs will be specifically targeted towards that segment... Meaning... truly don't expect a 2017/16 mountain sled from Polaris to a long-tracked version of the AXYS-Rush.

Electronically controlled power valves... gives more precise control over the exhaust valves... helps with power delivery and with emissions... The emissions is a big thing... To meet CAFE standards, It is possible that the flatlanders will have one type of control system and the Mountain segment will have another.

For the Arctic Cat servo-valve comparison... an analogy.... Just because "Chevy may have an issue with something in their trucks does not mean that the same thing will be an issue in a Ford"... if you follow my meaning. Cats servo system is not the same.

For me, personally, I'm glad that the 800HO engine for 2016/17 will be tested and proven in consumers hands. A mountain sled, which...in the consumers hands... will be used from sea level to over 12000' requires a much more developed ECU program (MAP) to allow the sled to not only perform in the wide variety of altitude/temp/snow conditions...but hold together in the hands of consumers that "can break an anvil with a rubber hammer"

The "Golden Ticket" allows current buyers to have, in effect, a Loyalty discount for a future mountain-segment purchase so that they have peace of mind and satisfaction that they've purchased wisely for their needs.. A very similar program was run by Polaris in 2011 for the same amount... and a new sled was not looming in 2012.

Could an all-new sled come out for 2016...absolutely... could that year of release be 2017... absolutely again.

Last edited:
T

tbeaton

May 28, 2008
MA
I can see them raising prices by $1000. I don't see them building a new chassis. the pro is the best mountain chassis on snow and they know that. no matter what doo does they can't hang. look at the iq racer, 10 plus years and still in service, why? because it works. Polaris is all about what works. if they can put the 800 ho motor in with little effort that's all you will see. well besides axsys style plastics. hopefully they don't put pro motion in them. a 38-36 adjustable stand would be cool.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I can see them raising prices by $1000. I don't see them building a new chassis. the pro is the best mountain chassis on snow and they know that. no matter what doo does they can't hang. look at the iq racer, 10 plus years and still in service, why? because it works. Polaris is all about what works. if they can put the 800 ho motor in with little effort that's all you will see. well besides axsys style plastics. hopefully they don't put pro motion in them. a 38-36 adjustable stand would be cool.

The axys being small enough to fit inside a pro is a big benefit.
Lighter bulkhead and the engine lower.
The pro needs these changes.

Last edited:

maurfello

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2009
Washington
I heard a rumor that weather they come out with a new chassis for the RMK or not the 2016 will have Fox shocks. Anyone else hear about this?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I heard a rumor that weather they come out with a new chassis for the RMK or not the 2016 will have Fox shocks. Anyone else hear about this?

Could be.
Mountainhorse is using them. ;)

But seriously so is Burant and company.

I know their sled vendors may differ than their quad and utv vendors, but they are having great luck with Walker Evans on the RZRs.

Last edited:
Premium Features