• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TKS Snowbike Ditch Ride/Sly Dog Test/Go Pro Test

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
finally bit the bullet and picked up a go pro, I have always kinda been against helmet cam footage, cause everyone does it, but then I felt left out! the bummer tho is that my computer is too old to edit the footage using the go pro editing software, tried to put a few clips together with the youtube editing stuff, that took almost a year!, and its kinda weird looking from the way it smooths out the video . so its pretty craptacular. Its just a few shots of a quick rip down the ditch and back, it was pretty fun, ditches are plum full, most snow we have had here in MN since the early 90s!

the old kx 500 was a blastin!

Last edited:
D

DieselTwitch

Dec 23, 2007
Gunnison, Colorado
finally bit the bullet and picked up a go pro, I have always kinda been against helmet cam footage, cause everyone does it, but then I felt left out! the bummer tho is that my computer is too old to edit the footage using the go pro editing software, tried to put a few clips together with the youtube editing stuff, that took almost a year!, and its kinda weird looking from the way it smooths out the video . so its pretty craptacular. Its just a few shots of a quick rip down the ditch and back, it was pretty fun, ditches are plum full, most snow we have had here in MN since the early 90s!

the old kx 500 was a blastin!

Nice vids! don't take video for everyone else, do it for your self! you never know what you might capture! keep em coming

Oct 16, 2012
BC
I argee most helmet vids are nothing spectacular but if you mount the go pro say on the side of the bike or somwhere else they turn out way more interesting

S
Jan 27, 2012
Slydog Ski

How did the Slydog Ski compare to the C&A your running. Did you put any extra wear bars or runners on the outside edge of the ski?

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
the slydog powder hound is a big improvement,

the mount location is about 2" forward, which was a mod one of my customers did to his C&A ski, it really helped sidehilling, so that was good to see when I got it, and it did sidehill alot better, it felt much more planted.

The on the trail steering effort was much less on the Sly Dog because of a slightly shorter in length keel.

the ski rode up on the snow alot better too, I felt like in the deeper heavier snow the C&A kinda flexed up and just pushed through the snow, where the Sly Dog would really pop up and plane out once you picked up a little speed. the slydog has a deep V channel from the ski tip tapering to about midway down the ski, it packs the snow and forces it up on top. I thought that slydog was just feeding me bs on that idea, but it really does work.

the slydog is 1.5lbs lighter and looks way more bad a$$

one issue it the slydogs have the same bolt pattern for the wear bar as the C&A, but they didnt have a hole drilled for the tipped up end, so I had to cut the end of the bar. also the back isnt tipped up as much so it got caught on my tail gate when unloading, not a issue really, just gotta man up alittle more when unloading.:face-icon-small-ton

I havent added extra side bars yet, but it will be easy to do when I get to it!

they let me order one at a time, and are a better value!

Overall huge improvement and they will be used on the 2015 kits, with the pick your color option!

Last edited:
D

DieselTwitch

Dec 23, 2007
Gunnison, Colorado
the slydog powder hound is a big improvement,

the mount location is about 2" forward, which was a mod one of my customers did to his C&A ski, it really helped sidehilling, so that was good to see when I got it, and it did sidehill alot better, it felt much more planted.

The on the trail steering effort was much less on the Sly Dog because of a slightly shorter in length keel.

the ski rode up on the snow alot better too, I felt like in the deeper heavier snow the C&A kinda flexed up and just pushed through the snow, where the Sly Dog would really pop up and plane out once you picked up a little speed. the slydog has a deep V channel from the ski tip tapering to about midway down the ski, it packs the snow and forces it up on top. I thought that slydog was just feeding me bs on that idea, but it really does work.

the slydog is 1.5lbs lighter and looks way more bad a$$

one issue it the slydogs have the same bolt pattern for the wear bar as the C&A, but they didnt have a hole drilled for the tipped up end, so I had to cut the end of the bar. also the back isnt tipped up as much so it got caught on my tail gate when unloading, not a issue really, just gotta man up alittle more when unloading.:face-icon-small-ton

I havent added extra side bars yet, but it will be easy to do when I get to it!

they let me order one at a time, and are a better value!

Overall huge improvement and they will be used on the 2015 kits, with the pick your color option!

TS is getting away from the T/S ski? I do like the color options. Its it really that much better? Does losing 2" help?

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Since I am building my own kits I am not using the TS ski at this point, do I am not making any comparisons to it, mainly between the 8" mtx and the 8" powder hound.

Premium Features