• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Pro RMK. Rumors.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Honestly I would be happy with same chassis, a powder coated tunnel and rails, better factory shocks, bigger lugs on track, and a new engine with 20 more hp. Not asking THAT much really....

J

jetski

Dec 12, 2010
i was at the polaris assemble line in mexico and got a sneek peek at the new 2015 polaris, they look like they have a deadly engine package, about a 20% gain in power and torque. resembled something like this

gt snow.jpg

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Honestly I would be happy with same chassis, a powder coated tunnel and rails, better factory shocks, bigger lugs on track, and a new engine with 20 more hp. Not asking THAT much really....

I would buy that sled. :)

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
i was at the polaris assemble line in mexico and got a sneek peek at the new 2015 polaris, they look like they have a deadly engine package, about a 20% gain in power and torque. resembled something like this

Now that is gonna be light and flickable!

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Heard a rumor one is in the works. Completely guessing on the hp # but I think it would be reliable and doable.

Another rumor was a new mind blowing chassis they've been working on.

Good for me if its true cause I'll be ready for a new 2016 and would like to see something that drastic have a year on the snow before I buy.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
600 factory turbo 2 stroke, 160hp any elevation.

They wouldn't do that unless they can keep the consumer OUT of the electronics.
They don't want them turning up the boost and expecting to keep factory warranty at whatever it comes with, such as 5 or 6lbs boos t.

They need to have full use of a digital wrench to prove all parameters when it comes into dealer shop.

"i was just driving down the trail, set on 5lbs boost max and just 1/2 throttle when it went down."

Vipec.

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
For 60th anniversary, the engine will be a 900cc (actually an 866cc) in keeping with anniversary tradition. It will be covered with a guaranteed to self-destruct before 2 years or 1500 mile warranty.

Snowester's will discover from IndyD. that the 900 is actually a reliable engine but only if it is run with Supertech oil.

A "green" option will be available for those wishing to be environmentally conscious. It will consist of an electric motor from a Dyson vacuum (nothing sucks better) and a 30 mile electrical cord. Noise emissions will be more friendly towards wilderness inhabitants. Release of this novel engine option is currently on hold until Polaris finds a way to reduce SMUG emissions. Will be easily towable by a Prius and Klim will release a special Hipster clothing line for this green sled that will include skinny jean outerlayer system only available at Goodwill. Standard green RMK options include PBR can holder and an I-phone holder with charge cord. It will a have an optional flexi-grip handles and riding style called the "South Park" option.

Rumor is that in addition to a green version, a limited edition Duck Dynasty sled option will be available for next snow check. It'll have a hard mounted rife/shotgun case and a Duck Commander V-force self-cleaning double reeded teal hen call.

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I keep hearing a 380# chassis, don't know where they could loose another 37 pounds. unless they've given up ever producing a reliable engine and they now come without one. buyer must supply own power plant:)

W

Wild_Canuck

Mar 5, 2012
Ontario Canada
They better not be trying to get that POS rush chassis stretched out to the rmk. That would make me jump ship. But i have heard a lot of talk about Polaris and boondocker working on a "project" together. A factory turbo 800 would be the big ticket.

M
Aug 15, 2010
Canada, On
has anyone heard any reliable info on the 2015's is there a chance that a stock turbo and some more carbon fiber true ????

my prediction is same everything except a SE 60th anniversary wrap or look, maybe some little tweaks like front A-arm and suspension maybe another 7 pound off

OR

Direct Injection engine's with an extra 5-15 hp gain with better fuel economy and emissions, same chassis with a different exterior look and overall geometry and suspension improvement and of course probably another few pounds removed

that are my predictions

and turbo I think everybody is dreaming,

1# the price of the sled would sky rocket not everybody wants to pay 20 000$ for a 200 hp sled
2# some people want to be able to run 87 oct fuel
3# emission wise, maintenance, reliability
4# the dealer and company will need more inventory for all the different options to be able to please everybody

power isn't everything for everybody they still make 600 for a reason

Last edited:

EASY

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2009
Rocky Mountain House
Very true the power is not for everyone, and honestly I would be happy with a current model with just a touch more power for those deep pow days :)

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
Factory Options

I think the things you guys have listed will be options. It appears that we are all thinking in terms of "this is what the new Polaris is" instead of what it could be based on customer chosen options.

I have my doubts that a turbo will be an option, but I sure would love to see it. I heard all these rumors when Burandt jumped to Polaris, I'm happy to say that some of them are here, but it sure took a while.

~hudini

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Other than a litlle HP gain and some minor tweaks, I have no idea why we would want a bunch of changes, we finally have an off the shelf mountain sled that works awesome.
Leave the chassis alone !!!!!!!

Premium Features