• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE... PREDICTIONS... RUMORS.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
Suzuki motor???

imo

--Don't do this to yourselves. A Suzuki motor in a OEM Pro is "never" going to happen. Cat can use Suzuki for another year 2014. Suzuki laydown 800HO-- is Cat's design, Suzuki just builds to spec. Maybe Yamaha will be building Cat's next gen 2s and 4s motors(I hope so)(Cat and Yamaha are already partners in the 120 class:face-icon-small-win).

--At best, Polaris may go back to using Fuji motors. They apparently use Fuji cranks in the 13 Pro. They need to have a well engineered engine to spec out to the engine builder or it will not matter who builds it, it will still be a POS. However, I doubt Polaris would just shut down Liberty engine production. I am not an engineer, but you would think Polaris would have something nailed down by now in the engine department. Obviously, the current customer base continues to buy the current engine, so why mess with success(from an investor point of view).

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
Put that 900 in this chassis with DI. And a lifetime supply of those awesome belts for the drive.

And I sure hope Doo doesnt release their 900 this year, but I hear it is in the works.

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
Let's start hearing some predictions and start some effed up rumors.

Like to see:

solid R&D and some real product testing prior to the end consumer. it'd be nice to see a reliable sled on the same chassis (I know, my glass is half empty).

Prediction:

Some minor improvements, possibly fixing issues from previous years... or maybe still in denial that issues exist.

Rumors:

:typing::pop2:

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
Id like to see some well made aarms that dont crumple as easy, lower cost on parts, stronger everything.. Im having a bad year for bending or breaking the weak light tin components. Oh and of course better fit and finnish, I like the keyed tether cord and controls on skidoos aswell as anolog gauges, the digital drives me nuts.

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
I have a feeling there might be something new this year. They were in togwotee this weekend with 2 semi's full of sleds. One truck had 13's, they unloaded those right out in front and everyone was watching that truck. While they were unloading that truck the other one was way in the back and as soon as they were unloaded they were out of sight.:face-icon-small-hap

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Fix engine/electronics.
Fix belt drive issues.
Fix drive shaft issues.

Then we'll actually have a great sled.

Could care less about lighter more flickable etc bs.
The light[er] weight thing really isn't working out for the better.
The 'heavy' 2011 is fine.

Just make something reliable already...all we want.

I'd be down for a light weight factory turbo 4 stroke too.. ~40 # heavier than a 13 800, I'd have no problem with that. Assuming Polaris could make even build a turbo 4 stroke that is reliable...

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Since I'm planning on snow-checking a '14...

I want a factory long rod motor and a bombproof drive shaft.

What would be super-duper cool would be a collaboration between Poo and Garmin to make an in-dash GPS with MFD features.

D
Feb 16, 2008
MONTANA
2nd year comfort

A drive shaft not made of tinfoil and krazy glue,A tougher QD belt.This may actually happen becuase they will have to.

Im gonna go out onna limb and snowck a 14 just on the common sense assumption that they'll have these few things checked off on next years lineup and maybe a stouter motor to boot?...

D
Feb 16, 2008
MONTANA
why...

A factory 900 that runs good and doesn't have the issues as the 900s from previous years. And a 16 wide track !

I never have understood the obsession with the 16 wide track. Across the board it seems that the 15 wide will do as good as or better than the 16 in varying situations. Im actually surprised Doo hasnt scaled back to the 15 in the interest of agility and greater track speeds with all their horsepower...just a thought but I could be off base.

capnkirk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2010
Appleton, WI
Im gonna go out onna limb and snowck a 14 just on the common sense assumption that they'll have these few things checked off on next years lineup and maybe a stouter motor to boot?...

"common sense assumption"... that's a good one.:face-icon-small-win

i would really like to see a more reliable 800cc cleanfire. That's the only thing that keeps my mind spinning, and my wallet in my pocket. Everything else seems "somewhat" trivial by comparision.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM

I bought an 06 900 thinking that too! 800miles and two engines later I gave up on it.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
As a first time Poo owner I am quite pleased with what I got in 2013. It ain't blowed up yet lol and I have not felt underpowered ever, suspention's the best out of the box I've experienced, venting-sealing IMO works very very well and haven't cut a hole yet, and so far it has handled all the willows, small trees, concrete chopped snowcross trail, and so far two land mines I have thrown in front of it.
My biggest beefs with the '13 were bars swing too far (fixed that), brake lever didn't swing down far enough(fixed that) and the QD looked to vulnerable (fixed that).

Sometimes I think people have unrealistic views of what should come out of the box and should experience or truely remember ownership of another brand.

One thing I hope Poo doesn't change in '14 is the handling ( the reason I got one) and I have been pleasantly surprised at everything else.

For 2014;
Every manufacturer should improve on early season parts supply and how they handle early warranty. Don't give "buyer remorse" a chance to settle in.
The dealer should not be the bottom line. A true customer service center, where true, up to date info and advice would take so much pressure off the dealer and help make the owner feel like someone is doing something and cares. Professionals.
This alone might swing sales more than any "techy" improvements.

Every manufacturer should offer "package" upgrades, like shocks and bars during snow check, but we've been asking for that for years. Maybe one of the after market, like Raptor, Timbersled, Fly could approach the manufacturer's and become involved with spring check.
But you may not like the price if they also have to offer warranty or answer questions like "my sled feels like a piece of plywood". You know, cake and eat it too.
'Cause it's out of the box it should be perfect, right?

I think it's a no brainer that Poo needs to glue the shafts right for 2014. It would also be neat for them to upgrade to a tensioned belt drive (something I will install) with changable gearing because sea level and 10'000' are 2 different places on this earth.
I think a bash plate for the QD should be offered.
New motor? Nah. not 'til this one blows up. I like the powerband.

Premium Features