• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pratice using your Air BAg

cokecrazed007

Lifetime Membership
Sep 11, 2011
Grande Prairie, AB
The other night i was at a avalanche mini course, and the presentor from the Canadian Avalanche Centre suggested that when we are doing our test fire for our air bag to do it from a moving sled or quad to get the feel of pulling it while moving. It is a lot hard to do it while moving that in the house so I though it would be a good idea to pass this info along.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Good idea. I visualize myself pulling the handle in different situations too. Under stress that should pop out as mucscle memory. Visualizing a skill is about 80% as effective as actually doing the skill. The big advantage is it's free. I used to spend a lot of time visualizing new race tracks when I was racing at a Pro level. Those cars were so expensive to run and the opportunity to get seat time was so rare it was one way to boost performance at zero cost.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Was going to test mine but that is a great idea. Will do this next time I am out along with sled tether and have riding g buddies rescue me.

NRHS

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2012
Firestone, CO
Best advice I got from the SkiDoo avalanche course was if an avalanche starts to form behind you, even if you think you can ride it out, pull the bag immediately!! Cause once the slide starts to hit you it will be almost impossible to pull the cord. It is cheap to refill a cannister!

Premium Features