• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK's Hot Air Eliminator AKA "THE BLOWHOLE"

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
I'm really curious to know how much longer a belt lasts with this set up. I get around 500 miles to a belt riding it like a total jerk.

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
Longer belt life

I had a conversation with Shawn at MTNTK about this. He said they are getting longer belt life in a Turbo Pro with belt temps around what a stock Pro has been running with the Hot Air Eliminator kit.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Just ordered mine and "should" be here by Friday.
Correction received it today! (thursday 1 day to get here)

Last edited:

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
Sounds like a great product. There must be a spring sale on these, anyone clearing out some stock?

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
Try calling Shawn directly if one of the dealers does not have one in stock. Installed one on mine and it does a great job of pulling the heat from under the hood & clutch belt.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
could help with the belt shear issue on the QD drive

IMO its already set up perfect for the belt drive. The huge wide open vent is right behind it where it draws cold air from.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Maybe a setup with fans on both sides in the future? There are plenty of vents in the hood to pull cold air from…. That would be cool!

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Vents on the hood are worthless when they're covered in snow. The right blow hole vent on mine was never plugged this winter.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Did anyone find the need to use pre filter material on the blow hole? Seems like the vents are pretty open.

Had pre filter on mine. First good snow day my mag side vent plugged tight so I cut it off. Imo leave it wide open. After that I ran all year with snow packed around the QD belt, 1300+ miles still on original QD belt.

PMSPOLARIS

Premium Sponsor
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Ashton Idaho
www.pmspolaris.com
Blow holes In Stock and ready to ship!

The Wait is over, for all of you that have been waiting to get Blow holes for the Pro's and XM and Cat. PMSPOLARIS.COM has them in stock.
Also check out any info at mtntkperformance.com for new info and products for sale

MTNTK Polaris PRO Blow Hole.jpg Blow hole for SKI-DOO XM.jpg

Powderforlife907

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2011
ill be getting one of these

but i have a question, if the belt chunks out at 8 thousand rpm and a piece slams the fan motor and it breaks do we get another one?

Why would they? If your belt breaks at 8k rpms it's taking a fair amount of stuff on a sled with out one..... It's not like that fans going to stop you from riding either.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
if the fan fails to keep clutch tempatures down and a belt blows i would hope to get a new fan

its not like its going to stop me from riding...??? ok :crazy:

I guess I missed the part where they guaranteed you wouldn't blow a belt again. Could you post that up for all of us to see???

PV

Last edited by a moderator:
R
Sep 8, 2013
Interior Alaska
I guess I missed the part where they guaranteed you wouldn't blow a belt again. Could you post that up for all of us to see???

PV

never did i say they said belts wont blow, but it would be pretty cool if they would send out a new fan if yours breaks, would most certainly spread a good word out about mtn tk or pms, not only that...but most likely i would buy more stuff from them too

you would be asking why would pms or mtn tk want to give customers free fan replacements if the original ones get broken, i dunno...maybe mtn tk or pms might want to be for the customers, and give them a good experience with their company...because maybe that might make the customers think that their company is very good, and they would recomend their friends to buy from mtn tk or pms polaris...i dunno...i was just thinking maybe pms or mtn tk were those kinda guys

even if the answer is no, im still going to buy this from them

Last edited by a moderator:
Premium Features