• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK's Hot Air Eliminator AKA "THE BLOWHOLE"

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I dont care how my sled runs, this thing is going on!

Remember earlier something about "blowing a little smoke, big deal" or whatever the words were. Get real. That smoke bomb was filling the engine bay stuffed with smoke and the went cleared it out in seconds!

If this wenting dont keep your clutches and everything else cool, you need to do some clutching!!

The belt dust blow-out and goggle de-fogging are so good benefits this is a no-brainer for me. Not exactly free, no, but this is snowmobiling.

RS

A
Jun 27, 2010
I was just talking to you guys this past weekend at the jackson hill climb and was wondering what amprage is this robbing from your motor equating to hp loss and have you found it to cool your pipe down too much resulting in you sled not running properly im really interested in this product for next years sled

TOlsen

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Martin City, MT
I notice where the under hood air exits my knees are pressed up against often. How annoying is the hot air blowing on ones leg all day? Thanks

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
I was just talking to you guys this past weekend at the jackson hill climb and was wondering what amprage is this robbing from your motor equating to hp loss and have you found it to cool your pipe down too much resulting in you sled not running properly im really interested in this product for next years sled

My guess:
.6 - 1.0A max.

The pipe has a clam shell on it to keep temps consistent. No noticeable effect or "cold pipe" issues. No different than running a mesh hood?

bubba94

Lifetime Membership
Nov 10, 2008
BC Canada
You could always wrap your pipe if you were worried about it, would taking one of the head light bulbs help with the amperage issue if there was one?

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
Are u coming out with a Iq. Setup? Will it help cool electrical stuff? How much does it drop under hood temps when under load. Looks like a great product.

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
What is the CFM for this blower? What is the amp draw? What is the max amp draw for the 12v accessory plug?

kidder17

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Saskatchewan
Belt Dust Question

For the people who are running this- How dirty does your clothing get from the belt dust blowing on you? Love the idea, but not if my $1200 in riding gear gets blackened.

Quote- "It is located in this spot to suck out all belt dust immediately."

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
I rode with this setup for most of last year.
It doesn't heat up your leg as it is about a foot in front of your leg. I guess if you stood in front of the handlebars you could get it to blow directly on your leg.
I have to hold my goggles right up to it to get it to clear my goggles off.
I wear black Klim bibs and did not see any difference between my left leg and my right leg for dirt and mess. I would say that if it makes that much difference you probably need to do some work on your clutches ie alignment and machining.

Before I put thie "BLOWHOLE" on in deep powder doing sidehills through the trees and stuff, when I would stop you could smell the plastic from all of the heat under the hood. Since doing this I haven't had that issue once. Not even on the ride into High Falls on the Pemberton Ice Cap. 15 minutes of wide open carving back and forth going up the valley. (that place is unbelievable on a Blue Bird day).

I have had no problems with it at all so far. I love this thing.
Great Job Guys.

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Snohomish-Plain, Washington
Great idea guys!

Would like some assurance with the calcs have been done to say the power source is ample. Also a switch would be valuable, but if absolutely needed you could un-plug. This product seems like it would work well in conjunction with under hood intake solutions.

We went out a few times in some very deep powder (with baker riders), my 09 dragon and some pros, and we were constantly wiping the snow off the intakes. I have the extra intake on the console (it gets full of snow as well) and multiple venting. The logical solution is powder valves or under hood intake… have been leery of that as under the hood is very dirty and hot; melted hood on one of the rides.

Does the kit fit on 2013? Foot well venting too?

PMSPOLARIS

Premium Sponsor
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Ashton Idaho
www.pmspolaris.com
There is one for the 2013 Pro that fits the foot well

MTNTK has a kit for the 2013 Pro as well, it only takes 1 amp to run the fan, I rode it for 3 seasons now and rode the prototype on a dragon as for the production on the dragon MTNTK has not produced a blow hole for the IQ sled yet.
There is plenty of amps to run this on the PRO's no problem.

Great idea guys!

Would like some assurance with the calcs have been done to say the power source is ample. Also a switch would be valuable, but if absolutely needed you could un-plug. This product seems like it would work well in conjunction with under hood intake solutions.

We went out a few times in some very deep powder (with baker riders), my 09 dragon and some pros, and we were constantly wiping the snow off the intakes. I have the extra intake on the console (it gets full of snow as well) and multiple venting. The logical solution is powder valves or under hood intake… have been leery of that as under the hood is very dirty and hot; melted hood on one of the rides.

Does the kit fit on 2013? Foot well venting too?

Premium Features