• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

VENTING AND THE PRO-RIDE.... MY TAKE ON IT.

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
maybe it was $139 a side....I dont kn ow, I just dont remember...sorry if I got that wrong....its still damned worth it

I paid $290 including tax and shipping for 8 of the 2Cool vents (4 per side). That included the large side panel vents with the Polaris Pro logo heat pressed back on, the lower side panel vent, the front side panel vent by the latches and the upper side panel vent that has the louvered Polaris vent deal on it stock.
I have been very happy with the vent. They do perform much better in deep pow off trail than on hard pack snow. I am sure this has to do with the channeling of the air working great stock at least until the hood vents get plugged with snow and then you need some more air.
I am adding the BD turbo soon, to I think that is where the vents will really shine.

D
Feb 20, 2009
Venting - do it yourself

I hope the pics show. I have an XP "08. You may have heard (?) that Xp's have clutch heat issues. I used a 3/16 and laid out patten on panels w/1/4" lined paper and "Drill Baby Drilled". Clutch went from too hot to touch to can put a bare hand on it after climbing.

Dennis

If no pics just e-mail me <dpmartinski@msn.com>

126_2647.jpg 126_2648.jpg

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
So now that people have miles on their sleds and vents....

Who did you buy from and would you buy the same vents again,any problems with snow on belt/slippage.
Did they have prefilter material and are they durable enough for you.
Plastic frames or Metal what is your opinion?

Before I cut up my side panels I want to get it right the first time.

Thanks Pete

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
I have 1000 for the most part deep powder riding miles on my sled and have two buddies i go with that got just about as many and not one heat issue yet with NO vents!!!!!! It might be hot under those hoods but haven't felt any performance loss or had any blown belts. i guess I would rather save my money so I can make another trip out west then spend on things that are not needed!!!

mike taylor

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
pow Country CO
I have 1000 for the most part deep powder riding miles on my sled and have two buddies i go with that got just about as many and not one heat issue yet with NO vents!!!!!! It might be hot under those hoods but haven't felt any performance loss or had any blown belts. i guess I would rather save my money so I can make another trip out west then spend on things that are not needed!!!

That's just it you only ride here a couple of times a year.:face-icon-small-blu
we get to chase the storms and ride the really Good stuff, When your not around :lol:
you wouldnt need the vents that We do ...
I dont need mine rippen down the trail either...
but if i go back East I might stud mine for ya :face-icon-small-ton

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
Ok I figured someone woud come back with that kinda comment!!!!!! i lived in west yellowstone for three full winters and take at least three trips a year out there and I have rode better powder this year then in almost all of the riding I have ever done out there!! We rode over four feet powder for three days right after thanksgiving everything was untouched and broke trail everywhere we went, during Christmas West got about 17" over nite and I think we rode close to 30" fresh on top of some sweet powder before that. I personally invite you Mr. Taylor to come and ride with me sometime, and i will even take my studs out of track so i don't have a unfair advantage.

mike taylor

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
pow Country CO
Ok I figured someone woud come back with that kinda comment!!!!!! i lived in west yellowstone for three full winters and take at least three trips a year out there and I have rode better powder this year then in almost all of the riding I have ever done out there!! We rode over four feet powder for three days right after thanksgiving everything was untouched and broke trail everywhere we went, during Christmas West got about 17" over nite and I think we rode close to 30" fresh on top of some sweet powder before that. I personally invite you Mr. Taylor to come and ride with me sometime, and i will even take my studs out of track so i don't have a unfair advantage.
Easy there big D, was just razin ya ,only cuz we get to go out two or three times a week :face-icon-small-hap And I hear what your saying about some of the best snow this year. epic snow! I hope you can catch a good storm when your out here.
pm me I will ride with ya.i have no problems with who i ride with as long as i get to ride.
And if you want I will tape my vents shut... lol

Last edited:
R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
just installed my white 2 Cool Air Vents....

vents1.jpg

vents3.jpg

vents2.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
TTT for summertime thoughts...

Here is a prime example of why the "ducting" on the mountain... (ie deep snow)... Does not work well IMO. (photo from manbearpig on this forum)

This hood is NOT flowing much air.

SuperBowlSunday.jpg

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I BELIEVE 100% Than anyone capable of riding a sled in the mountains, sidehilling climbing etc. pushes a stock sled far beyond its intended limits.

I would say that the better part of the riders here fit into that category.

Stock sucks anyway!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Venting vs ducting.

I raced formula cars for years. We designed some bodywork for a car I was driving and we did some research on venting. Long story short the outlets need to be 3-4-5 times bigger than the inlet for optimum air flow. It is counter intuitive but has been proven in the wind tunnels. I know sleds are dealing with much lower speeds but the results are still relevant. You would be amazed at how much air you can pass through basically a slot and I think that is why the after market concentrates on venting rather than ducting. Also when the sled is stopped the only way you are getting good cooling is from the hot air rising out of the engine compartment and being replaced by cold air being sucked in from convection. For what it's worth.

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
I have been following this venting issue with interest as I have a 2012 Pro RMK that I will be putting in my shop next week. I like the idea of adding more venting, but the price of a full set of 2 Cool vents seems way out of line to me. I will a pay fair price for something that in turn provides good return value, but..... these things are some screen a simple aluminum frame and some paint. Here is my question, and I apologize if this has already been beaten to death before. Has anyone made their own that they feel work and look as good as the 2 Cool vents? I am pretty handy in my shop so if it makes sense to make my own I may go that route. There are many things I plan on doing to my new sled and I know as a percentage of the purchase price the 2 Cool vents are a small percentage, but.... all these things add up.

Last edited:

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Has anyone ever considered a low profile accessory underhood fan? Maybe something shrouded with ducting? Or maybe a direct bolt on to the outside of either the primary or secondary?

Premium Features