• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any big iron news

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
That sucks. I almost went last minute but checked the weather and thought it might be #hity visability.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Ozone was a no show for the first part of the day. Group of guys decided to try and organize an impromtu race at Race Hill....turned into a "bit of a gongshow" Few guys got stuck in the Bullpen and then the weather chased everyone out. Ozone showed up later on but nobody took any real notice.

According to a couple guys that were there. Wonder what happened?

Not at all dissappointed I didn't go afterall.

Last edited:

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
I was there, it was okay, not very well organized. I'm sure the weather had something to do with it. Started in the Race bowl, as stated, no real elimination so it was hard to see who was the fastest.

At Sugar, There was maybe 1 decent pull by 1200 t doo, up to the left between the trees, not a real hard pull by any means for a turbo. It was pretty chewed up from the day before and it seen a lot more action on Friday.

From there, went to the lower Bullpen, by the time I got there, there was one sled stuck in the 90, and another stuck( look like it rolled down from the top?, then socked in, couldn't see anything from the rocks up, but a few guys,(sorry, don't know who they were) climbed out of the 90 in the fog...that was wicked, even though you couldn't see.

From there, didn't even go up to the (upper) Bull pen.(on a side note, on Friday, I did side hill above the rocks and took both of the main shoots, I was hyped, I know not a big deal for a lot, but I've wanted to do it ever since I seen it several years ago...on a stock XP) Anyways....

From there went to the airport, and there was some absolutely AWESOME, and insane pulls there. Sorry, again, I dont know names, all shoots were pulled, a guy on a 03( I believe) RX1 and the new 1200 T doo by powderlites. Cory (guy on cover of BIS 06 by 509) teared it up and was clearly the best technical rider there and the best rider I have ever witnessed(IMO) took his Bikeman 880 XP with a 146" track up a couple short shoots that only some other apex, nytro, and doo turbos took,(this was just in the left of the Airport, sitting at the bottom, facing the hill. Cory won for best FReestyle rider.

From there, the weather got REALLY bad and socked in, I thought we were going to the Monster, and ended back up at the cabin.....that was the end of the day.

SIDE NOTE, cming down into the airport there was a couple big holes that caused about 8-10 accidents, nobody got hurt, didn't look like any damage to sleds, but they were croud pleasers..LOL

If the wheather was better, it would have been awesome, as it were, it was worth the 9 hour trip to see the pulls out of the airport, and our group did a few days of riding, which was awesome. I had fun and would do it again.

I don't know for sure, but seemed like people were picking up after themselves, and were staying out of the cutblocks. I not sure if there was even a thousand sleds there. I think limiting it is going to kill it, but what do I know. A lot of people just aren't willing to travel for something like this to get turned away. Maybe a couple of years of things going well will lift the traiil pass limit.

Well, that's about it. IMO, 06 was was better, but it was also blue skis.

Sheriff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Olds, Alberta
All the big chutes @ monster & Turbo were tackled on Sunday. Bluebird morning with 2 ft of fresh. Lots of helicopter filming @ Monster. Several successful climbs & several not so. I was back & forth between Monster & Turbo...Dave was telling everyone 12 noon @ Turbo, I don't think he ever showed up @ either place. Last I saw him he was on Alberta hill with his groupies stuck...approx time 11 am. I went down to the cabin & back to Turbo & then to Monster & never saw him again. The guys at Turbo were getting pissed & started hitting the hill with out Dave or any film crew.

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Sounds like ozone just went to Revy to party and left any organizing up to anyone that would step up.Hard to keep a reputable event when guys drive mabye 20 hrs and then run into a gong show,glad you guys had a sunny sunday.Cant wait to see some more pics and video.

Sheriff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Olds, Alberta
Sounds like ozone just went to Revy to party and left any organizing up to anyone that would step up.Hard to keep a reputable event when guys drive mabye 20 hrs and then run into a gong show,glad you guys had a sunny sunday.Cant wait to see some more pics and video.

There will be some good stuff show up real soon.

I have some video from the top of Monster while we were picking up Pauls sled with the chopper. He was so,so close to making it up & then POW the belt grenaded. Luckily he only went back down 50 or so ft. We hooked the slings on & Airlifted it to the top. Paul was more than willing to ride it back down, but having the chopper there probably saved some carnage.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
I think the big news is that a 2 stroke turbo finally went over Monster. He had lots of tracks to follow, but hey he still made it. A Doo 4 stroke turbo went over too.
And before we here the Dave Knight story again...No he wouldn't have made it Sunday.lol Kyle Micku tried it on his XP and never made it half way up in a good track. There was easily 2 1/2 ft of pow in it before it got tracked up.

B
Nov 29, 2007
Sicamous
All the big chutes @ monster & Turbo were tackled on Sunday. Bluebird morning with 2 ft of fresh. Lots of helicopter filming @ Monster. Several successful climbs & several not so. I was back & forth between Monster & Turbo...Dave was telling everyone 12 noon @ Turbo, I don't think he ever showed up @ either place. Last I saw him he was on Alberta hill with his groupies stuck...approx time 11 am. I went down to the cabin & back to Turbo & then to Monster & never saw him again. The guys at Turbo were getting pissed & started hitting the hill with out Dave or any film crew.
Is this Dave, O Zone guy, aka Rutt King some kind of an idiot? Reading his posts on the BIS thread I wonder wtf kind of drugs he is on and then to hear he didn't show or do any thing for what he calls "his" event.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Neil,

Any attempts at any of the other chutes in Monster Bowl (Irmens Arm,Gibbs Gash, or your mile)
Laird MacDougall tried the Gash twice, but just couldn't gain enough speed to make it...made some great turn outs in the chute, so good on him for giving it a go. The Mile has a rock face in the middle so it is not climbable yet. It was crazy how deep the snow was in their.

Premium Features