• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

oakley crowbar snocross or 509 googles?

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
5 pair of 509's and going. the 09 gogg's are even better yet!!

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
I have used Oakley A frmaes, Smiths ( not sure of the type) and 509.

The A frames were the best quality lens but also cost 2-3 times as much as the 509. I like my Smiths better than the 509 but they also cost 2-3 times as much.

The 509 is probably the best bang for your buck goggle and I really like them. They are a mid to high end goggle that sells for a low end price.

C
Dec 26, 2007
BOZEMAN
I have used Oakley A Frames since I started riding 9 years ago. I will never change goggle brands. I do understand the support your sport, but if it is not broke, don't fix it.

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
KneeDeep I am not sure what your saying in this post? After a quick search I can find 509 goggles for no less than $75. I found Oakley goggles made for a helmet for $60, I found Smith motorcross colored lenses for $50.. Now dont get me wrong I want a pair of the 509's in a bad way but they seem to be in the highest price range that goggles go for. Anyway I vote for 509's as well. I cant wait to get a pair.

M

MNSLEDNECK56308

Nov 21, 2007
Alex MN
I have both, they are both great. Now my 509's are last years model (a little cold, when below 0) and that issue has been fixed in 09. I'm saying go with whatever your pocketbook says, Oakleys should be just a little cheaper but customer service wise 509 is much better and quicker than oakley would be! Just my .02!

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I think you are going to find better support for the 509's. Great customer service. and the lenses etc. should be more readily avail.
Oakley is a very difficult company to do business with. About 4 years ago they managed to destroy relations with just about every dealer in MN. It's next to impossible to find them. I don't even know where to send customers to get lenses anymore other than the internet.
The design of the 509's look like they may have some design influence from Oakley anyway. Should be a real nice fitting goggle. They have the no sweat foam which is important. And it would be pretty hard to screw up a dual lens in this day and age.
Happy Holidays

Premium Features