• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim gear unbelievable prices

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
It's kind of nice having that kind of selection available right down the street, but my wife thinks differently:D

P
Nov 21, 2007
HAYDEN, IDAHO
Yes, they can't advertise any prices lower than MSRP. It is KLIM's rules. When you call they will give you the promotional pricing. Great folks there and the owner is a sledhead to boot!:beer;

W
Jan 2, 2008
Two words!!!

Swap meet!!!!!

They generally get to reduce their prices by 10% off MSRP for swap meets, everyone in the swap meet will have 10% off.

I got mine for 10% off MSRP, but TAX FREE.

-10% for swap meet prices

but since they didn't have my size I got the order shipped to me (TAX FREE) with free shipping.

so next time you goto swap meet wait until last day, then find a dealer that doesn't have your size in stock anymore then get them to ship the whole order to you from their store....pay no sales tax and make sure you get free shipping!!

best deal you can get for current year Klim gear.

Last edited:

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
So, I'm guessing by posting this, that either:
A) you don't actually like these guys, or
B) you are unaware that Klim has pricing policies
By you advertising that they sell below retail, you are ensuring that they will be getting a nasty phone call from Klim ASAP. And could possibly loose their ability to sell Klim all together.
I know times are tough. And everyone is looking for a good deal. However, many many companies are now enforcing pricing/advertising policies. This ensures that all dealers are on the same page. Not only is this Klim's policy, but also Gore-Tex. You will find this usually in the highest of quality products. Sidi boots for example, or Scorpion helmets, Thor MX gear. All these companies enforce advertising policies if you wish to sell their product.
You are better off walking into your local Klim dealer and trying to work a deal that way. You are pretty open to doing what you want from your store front.
Sorry, not trying to beat up on anyone, just throwing it out there.
Cheers :beer; and happy holidays

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
LMAOROTF! I have never seen such a blatent fake post in my life!...Read the way that is written? Only someone promoting themselves is going to write like that...

I see team2's rep is back were it's usually at. Helmetoutlet has a killer store in person or ebay or where ever you look and killer customer service unlike some people who sell online.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
helmitoutletusa doesn't voilate Klims retail policys

Correct, they technically aren't. BUT, now someone is stating that by calling them they can get stuff below retail. It's a fine line, but frowned upon none the less.
You guys have no idea how close you are to not being able to buy Klim online period. When companies constantly try to work around the system they tend to irritate the manufacture. I'm sure the guys at Klim could find something better to do with their time than having to constantly remind dealers of the agreements they signed. Companies like Klim will usually get frustrated and sick of dealing with it and just put and end to it.
And don't start making cracks about Klim thinking their better than everyone else. I work in this industry and believe me, It's like babysitting a bunch of spoiled 2 year old's.

BOULDERBOB

Premium Member
Jan 17, 2008
Boulder, Co
Can't resist adding my .02, if you don't support your dealers and suppliers and they go out of business (let's face it times are tough) then where you going to run to when you need something that day? Just a thought, I've been doing enough business with my dealer that they treat me right everytime I walk in there, and I don't feel I'm paying a lot extra, yeah maybe a few bucks, and of course the taxes, but if you don't support them how are they going to stay in business? And personally I don't mind paying the taxes to support the services provided in our area, if the taxes aren't collected from sales then sooner or later their going to add them to your property taxes or something else and you will still be paying them.
Internet is great for stuff you can't get in your area.

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
LMAOROTF! I have never seen such a blatent fake post in my life!...Read the way that is written? Only someone promoting themselves is going to write like that...

They sound like a stand up biz and we need more places like that.

Team 2 I think you should stop wile you are ahead allot of us still remember all the shady dealings you had a wile back on here even though you deleted those post. And as far as the Alter give me a break I know you had more than a few on here as you have PM'd me with them and you have done the same thing & no I'm not going into detail on how I know and the details I just know I have my ways of tracking that :D

I don't agree with price cutting real bad to hurt other dealers but if they stay in line and are stand up guys more power to them.

W
Aug 20, 2008
utah
no one can sell klim at a discount? thats sucks they are getting there money they sell it to the shop at a certain price shop should be able to sell it at what they want. its already way over priced. suppose to be good stuff ive heard. a lot of copanies make good stuff i think it lookes way better.

Premium Features