• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What happened to slednecks?

t300

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2009
Manitoba
What happened to Slednecks?(.com). No video this year, apparel is last years and mostly sold out. They tell me no video or new apparel till fall 2018.

Used to look forward to their fall video every year, it was the start of the sled season for me and my buddies, kind of tradition. I didn't have a lot of their apparel but still rocking one of their jackets from 10 years ago (one of the best jackets I've ever had actually), and last year used their then current shell which worked out pretty well, have their pants shell from last year as well. Then the standard tshirt, hat, hoody and/or toque every year. Guess I didn't buy enough?

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Used to look forward to their fall video every year, it was the start of the sled season for me and my buddies, kind of tradition. I didn't have a lot of their apparel but still rocking one of their jackets from 10 years ago (one of the best jackets I've ever had actually), and last year used their then current shell which worked out pretty well, have their pants shell from last year as well. Then the standard tshirt, hat, hoody and/or toque every year. Guess I didn't buy enough?

I've got loads of Slednecks t-shirts and have enjoyed their videos. We also have a tradition of a video party every season. In fact, it's happening tomorrow. Anyway, the Slednecks videos are similar to 509 videos, with lots of big jumps. But I just LOVE the Boondockers videos. Those guys are nuts. Much more entertaining. I love all the crashes they show, because I'm good at those too.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know what actually happened?

Did all their riders get swallowed up by 509 and other film companies?

It sure seems that way. With all the other companies making gear these days it's got to be a lot tougher to compete. Maybe after nearly 20 years of films they decided it wasn't worth the effort anymore?

H

Heypal

Nov 26, 2007
Paynesville, MN
Yeah, we used to always watch Sled Necks as well but gave up on them following the poor quality of there footage. We bought 509's latest video this year and it will be the last. It was awful. Like a post above read, the Boondocker films are a blast to watch! My buddies and I watch them all the time. It was great to see Smasher and meet Phatty at Haydays this year!

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Yeah, we used to always watch Sled Necks as well but gave up on them following the poor quality of there footage. We bought 509's latest video this year and it will be the last. It was awful. Like a post above read, the Boondocker films are a blast to watch! My buddies and I watch them all the time. It was great to see Smasher and meet Phatty at Haydays this year!

What was wrong with this years 509 video? (haven't seen it yet).

H

Heypal

Nov 26, 2007
Paynesville, MN
What was wrong with this years 509 video? (haven't seen it yet).

It was slow. The narrative was ridiculous and yes too much freestyle BS. The Burant segment was good but short of that it was certainly not worth the coin to buy it. I am not one to troll, but the boys at 509 have to work a little harder to earn my business.

Premium Features