• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil Pump Adjustment

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

sledcaddie

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincoln, NE
oil pump adjustment

I believe the new (2016) oil pumps are now electric. I asked in another post if these were easily adjustable. The response said no. So, all this discussion is for pre-2016, right?:face-icon-small-con

L
Jan 2, 2019
Alta, Norway
Hey guys, I decided to increase the oil pump flow rate while I had the pro torn down for other projects.
It is kind of a chore to get to, but easy to adjust once you get access.
So in order to get to the adjuster easily you must:
Remove side panels, hood, and rear plastic cover
Remove seat
Remove Gas tank
Remove airbox(which is tight to get out!)
-I had the Oil tank, clutch cover, and clutches off to get the most access, but you might be able to get to it without taking out those parts.
9b89837d.jpg

Once all that is out of your way, you will need to screw IN (Clockwise, right tighty) the set screw on the throttle body linkage shown here:
82e4287a.jpg

It takes a 8mm (or a 10mm, cant remember lol) to loosen the back up nut and then a flat blade to screw in. You have to push the linkage down like this to adjust it:
64b17c26.jpg

This is what it looks like normally
5116fdf2.jpg

One thing to note is that the oil pump arm set indication is kind of hard to read compared to older Polaris pumps. This is due to the indication arrow being inverted rather than extroverted. So lining up the arrow to the line on the pump's body is harder to see, especially through the little space between the throttle bodies.
Hope this helps!
Found a great video on how to do it online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h79MC1U_cVY

S
Feb 21, 2009
oil

Ideally yes - agree with you 100%. However, my low end got unresponsive after I adjusted her up. Back to normal now. Both my dealer and Carl's told me not to mess with the initial setting because they run better at that setting and that's what I've found. Some others here have not had my issue so... YMMV.

Have FUN!

G MAN

noticed same thing on the 2012, and going up in elevation on a warm day it was loading up on the downhill, turned it back to around 50:1 sled pulls much harder.the cranks I've seen run pretty much dry when when inspected so does'nt seem like much oil gets in there either way.

F

freight_train

Sep 16, 2010
So I put I. A fesh motor and looking for some input I initially adjusted the point of the v with the scribe mark then I furthered the adjustment screw 3 turns now almost no threads showing how does this look?

Attachments

• E43E509B-C992-4DA4-BD24-8954A7B82EE2.png
    E43E509B-C992-4DA4-BD24-8954A7B82EE2.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
Premium Features