• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Pro RMK. Rumors.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I am always confused why so many people want to change the Assault. Why not just buy a Pro RMK or RMK if you want the chain case and put better shocks on it. Why spend more on the Assault to then spend money on a longer track & extension, narrower a-arms and shorter shocks?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I want:

169hp (69 yeaaa), powdercoat tunnel and rails, better shocks from factory, belt drive avec tensioner, change the plastic slightly to update the look, burandt boards standard, tether standard, little more tunnel bracing while maintaining same weight, 2.5 camo extreme, BNG, done.

I'd buy that and I don't think it's asking THAT much. Most of the parts are already on the shelf.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I want:

169hp (69 yeaaa), powdercoat tunnel and rails, better shocks from factory, belt drive avec tensioner, change the plastic slightly to update the look, burandt boards standard, tether standard, little more tunnel bracing while maintaining same weight, 2.5 camo extreme, BNG, done.

I'd buy that and I don't think it's asking THAT much. Most of the parts are already on the shelf.

Sounds good, except you have added 12 lbs with the CE, better shocks, thicker boards, tether (it all adds up) and tunnel bracing. Not to mention modifications to the motor to squeeze out another 19hp. I only make these observations because I'm willing to gain 12 lbs for all of that.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Good point. There might be a few pounds to be saved somewhere along the line if they are sneeky. Although if it boiled down to A or B....I would take the 12lbs to get all that other stuff all day errryday.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com

Looks like a heavy flat-land monoshock design.
08499877.tif

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Kinda looks like a the old Expert X set up. I don't even know if they are made anymore.

I may be wrong, but I thought the the Expert X was a single swing arm suspension with both shocks side by side and linkage for transfer / limiter strap control. I may be thinking of one of ADBovin's earlier designs? You definitely do not hear about them much any more now that the SnowHawk is dead.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I may be wrong, but I thought the the Expert X was a single swing arm suspension with both shocks side by side and linkage for transfer / limiter strap control. I may be thinking of one of ADBovin's earlier designs? You definitely do not hear about them much any more now that the SnowHawk is dead.

I believe those were one in the same.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD

Think your right, I was looking at it on my phone didn't look close enough.

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
The "ribs" or webbing is wider on the burandt boards. Or you could say that the holes are smaller on the burandt boards.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
All I can say is, at Hay Days, at the Polaris section they had a display of the stock PRO RMK running boards. There, Polaris claimed they are the best running boards in the snowmobiling industry. (I wish I would have taken pictures of that display!):face-icon-small-fro

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Powdercoated and stronger

I for one would disagree with both as being better. I do not want to take this off topic or start a sh!t storm but IMO powder coating (regardless of how it is done weakens the tempered aluminum alloys). Yes they are heavier due to more of the extrusion being left and not machined away. Yes the powder coating adds weight as well as removing the temper, thus degrading the original strength of the aluminum.

If you really want a stronger board, sent your stockers to a quality anodizer and get them hard Teflon anodized. Anodizing adds no weight as it is a chemical and electrolitical process ( changes the natural aluminum oxide into an even harder layer) and the Teflon makes it so water and ice do not get a toe hold in the pores of the aluminum. As there is no heat involved, the original strength is retained as well. Again just my opinion and feel free to disagree.

The factory really should hard Teflon anodize virtually every aluminum piece on the sled. Again IMO

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
I for one would disagree with both as being better. I do not want to take this off topic or start a sh!t storm but IMO powder coating (regardless of how it is done weakens the tempered aluminum alloys). Yes they are heavier due to more of the extrusion being left and not machined away. Yes the powder coating adds weight as well as removing the temper, thus degrading the original strength of the aluminum.

If you really want a stronger board, sent your stockers to a quality anodizer and get them hard Teflon anodized. Anodizing adds no weight as it is a chemical and electrolitical process ( changes the natural aluminum oxide into an even harder layer) and the Teflon makes it so water and ice do not get a toe hold in the pores of the aluminum. As there is no heat involved, the original strength is retained as well. Again just my opinion and feel free to disagree.

The factory really should hard Teflon anodize virtually every aluminum piece on the sled. Again IMO

All I can tell you is that there is less flex and snow build up on my burandt boards vs. my buddies stock '13 boards.

Premium Features