• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Paid members need a cuss-filled chatbox

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
4-5-6 are you really serious? Banish me from the chat because I literally spelt out Fawk instead of looking at the cool little ****.

Honestly, as a paid member all I'm asking is for a chat or section where I can cuss my ****in mouth off.

Sometimes it needs to happen and this whole "ïts our forum and not yours" mentality has to be addressed. It's paid for by advertising money and paid subscribers, hence no longer a OPEN PUBLIC FORUM.

And while I'm on topic of shoddy rules(ya i know I signed up and blah blah blah through all the rules and regs BS however..........

Business owners who conduct business on SW or advertisers who pay to be in Snowest Mag or online should not be allowed to have moderating duties. Simple threads about people's experiences are being deleted and shutdown because the business owner/moderator doesn't like that his company is getting a bad rap? BS again. That should definately get straightened out before more people get pizzed.

Like I mentioned, rules and regs, I signed on the dotted line I know I know, but when I was little, if the neighbour started cussing in the front yard, I was sent to the backyard. If a family friend was swearing in the livingroom, I was sent elsewhere so I didn't have to listen to the profanity.
By banning the chat for me to see, you've basically told me that in my house, I can't swear cause my neighbours kids might be listening? Yes I do refer to it as my house, I pay, I have that right.

Put some responsibility back into the parents hands and let them decide if a swear word is too profane for their kids. If something shows up and you're worried your kid will see it, tell them to get off your lap and go outside to play! Parents responsibility, not the guy next door. See where I'm coming from?

And please send me a PM telling me where you ended up sending this thread since I doubt it'll be in General for much longer(I couldnt decide which section this thread would most relate to so have at it - just tell me where)

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Hopefully....We can learn to express ourselves without the use of profanity. May SW could make a thesaurus available online. :face-icon-small-sho

If you want to talk like a sailer there are plenty of sites out there for that :scared:

I am a paying member and dont think we "need" a cuss filled chatbox.

Last edited:

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
somewhere in South East Idaho
I have to agree with REEB on this one!!! there are too many Admins.on here playing God with the paying members and then calling it there site & they will run it as they see fit and if we the paying members don't like it just go quietly away!!!!! What would be wrong with a thread like REEB sugested??? for heavens sake, this isn't a church house! just my opinion!!

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I would throw you out of my house if you talked like a sailer in front of my 4 year old.....This is their house.

It doesnt bother me....but I see how it could others, even the non bible thumpers :face-icon-small-win

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I would throw you out of my house if you talked like a sailer in front of my 4 year old.....This is their house.

I can definately appreciate that. However when I was little, kids were to be seen and not heard......or atleast their opinion mattered little. So when a neighbour or family friend came over cussing we got sent outside or into another room. But not because my parents thought less of me as a kid, but because they were protecting me from hearing someone speak in such a manner. Much like you protecting your kids from the swearing.....just on a different level.

Not saying I would raise my kids in such a way that I was, but from time to time I'm fully aware that it will happen. Besides.....whenever I have a neice or nephew sitting with me on Snowest it's because we are looking at pictures of new sleds, sledding shots etc.....not sitting in the chatbox bsing with others.

Fustration brought the thread to life, but in reality, if anything, I would like to see accomplished is the removal of Paid Advertisers and Business Owners who sell product via Snowest from the list of Moderators. This to me will end up being a big problem if something does not get remedied soon. Hell, I stopped pimping wares on Snowest because it became a problem half dozen years ago, if something doesn't get fixed, I might just start selling crap again and ask to be a Mod so I can sticky the threads that praise my company and delete the posts and threads that look unfavorable. (See how stupid that sounds? Yet it's happening more and more often on here)

Last edited:

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Private Forum?????? my $0.02

I have no dog in this fight. So take my $0.02 for what it's worth.
Correct me if i'm wrong but cant you create a private chat or forum that you can control who gets into?

I have a pretty severe potty mouth but work on keeping it as clean as I can.
I am not always successful and it gets the better of me sometimes. Especially when I get mad or really excited about something. I personally dont have a problem with F**K or fawking or SOB or some of the other ways of toning down the language while still getting the intent across. I think that there is an appropriate time and place for every word in the english language. If you want to cuss and blare it out make a private forum that your in charge of and then you can cuss to your dirty, rotten, razzle, dazzle, crosseyed, knock kneed, buck toothed, bowlegged, T*!!Y lickin, baby rapin Ethiopin, jug screwin hearts content.

Then its YOUR forum and if someone is offended its their problem. Kinda like sending the cussing to the back yard out of site of the kiddies.

W
Nov 27, 2007
Not so much the cussing, more so about the mods who own businesses related to the area the are a mod for.

Fustration brought the thread to life, but in reality, if anything, I would like to see accomplished is the removal of Paid Advertisers and Business Owners who sell product via Snowest from the list of Moderators. This to me will end up being a big problem if something does not get remedied soon. Hell, I stopped pimping wares on Snowest because it became a problem half dozen years ago, if something doesn't get fixed, I might just start selling crap again and ask to be a Mod so I can sticky the threads that praise my company and delete the posts and threads that look unfavorable. (See how stupid that sounds? Yet it's happening more and more often on here)

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Owners as mods.

I cant say anything about that as I don't know who all the mods are. I would have to agree that it probably doesnt look to good to delete negative threads about a business/someone without cause.
On the moderator side of this stuff I am pretty new and I only cover the Idaho riding area. We have had private discussions about businesses getting slammed and let them run their course if it seemed to be deserved.

I can tell you that there is an instance of a mod/owner that isn't a mod anymore because he was using the mod power to delete posts and threads and hammer anyone that didn't agree with him.

Before I was asked to become a moderator I was just happy go lucky to lurk most of the time and only respond if I felt like it. It's quite a bit different when you are responsible for things continuing to work well. There is another area of SNOWEST that exists only to the moderators. Man is it an eye opener when you get involved in that side of things.
Its kinda like taking in the neighbors kid. You liked him alot before because he was a good kid but now you see that you have to make him behave and treat others nicely and do the things like he should. And yes once in awhile you have to discipline him(someone) because he(they) are getting out of line. You don't like it but someone has to kind of ride herd on him or he'd become a holy terror and completely out of control.

It's much easier and nicer when we don't HAVE to mod anything.

Last edited:
E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
What about creating a "dark side" where anything goes, but must ask to be in? Personally I'm fine with the forum rules but another forum I participate in has one section that they call "The dark side" where anything goes. Any language, any topic, anything. If you choose to go there, you also choose to accept that it's unmoderated.

Just a thought.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Reeb:

1st.
I am sorry you have issues with the rules on Language and Behavior.
Those were established by Harris Publishing, and I have been tasked with enforcing them. Free member or Paid, it makes no difference.

They want the site FAMILY FRIENDLY

As a Paid Premium Member you can create your own PRIVATE SOCIAL FORUM where you control 100% of the access to all SnoWest members.

Within the confines of such a forum we will cut you significantly more slack, but NOT unlimited.

2nd.
NO Threads or Posts get "Deleted" by moderators.
They do not have the ability to do that.
All they can do is make the Post or Thread invisible to you.
And when they do, all the other mods tend to get alerted to it and come and find out WHY they felt it was necessary to do in the first place.

There are far more checks and balances in place than you imagine.

When a moderator truly abuses the power/authority I have placed in them, they get released. While some may ruffle a few feathers, ALL are monitored and looked over by their fellow Mods, Super Mods, Admins and Corporate. Everyone answers to someone higher up in the food chain.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Reeb:

When a moderator truly abuses the power/authority I have placed in them, they get released. While some may ruffle a few feathers, ALL are monitored and looked over by their fellow Mods, Super Mods, Admins and Corporate. Everyone answers to someone higher up in the food chain.

Brycter and mmsports both come to mind in recent threads. Posts gone or altered, reputation diminished, and censorship on various threads.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
So what the :censored: happened to this anyway? Did you start a new social where we can cuss like mother:censored: sailors?
How about a chat room for sons of :censored:,:censored:heads,:censored:suckers and the like?
Not that anyone would but what if they want to!! First ammendment and all that :censored:. @&*%$! :censored::censored::censored::scared:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I don't ****in understand what the **** is the big deal with the Go**** language? It gets ****d out anyhow, so how does one actually swear where it has any consequence?

And before you get your f***** undies in a bunch, I typed ***s, not the other stuff... so simmer down.

Far as I'm concerned it's WORSE to use fawk (falcon/ hawk mix) or chit (referring to chittychittybangbang of course) or whatever, than to say the real thing that gets censored, cause anyone reading THAT knows exactly what you're saying. If you're reading it aloud to your mom, it's the exact same thing. Somehow though, THAT is tolerated... confusing to me.

Being a mod on another site, it does amaze me how much stupid crap gets said that people report (most I don't do anything with, because I don't see the harm aside from one guys feelers), it's unreal how much idiocy is out there, and I suppose everyone's line is different.

Reeb, you're obviously just repressing your inner feelings, you need to start a journal & let it all out.:nod:

Oh, and if you want to see why there needs to be moderation... go hang out in the whacko bin (BCR)... and it's pretty darn clear why SOME moderation is needed.

Last edited:

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I don't ****in understand what the **** is the big deal with the Go**** language? It gets ****d out anyhow, so how does one actually swear where it has any consequence?

And before you get your f***** undies in a bunch, I typed ***s, not the other stuff... so simmer down.

Far as I'm concerned it's WORSE to use fawk (falcon/ hawk mix) or chit (referring to chittychittybangbang of course) or whatever, than to say the real thing that gets censored, cause anyone reading THAT knows exactly what you're saying. If you're reading it aloud to your mom, it's the exact same thing. Somehow though, THAT is tolerated... confusing to me.

Being a mod on another site, it does amaze me how much stupid crap gets said that people report (most I don't do anything with, because I don't see the harm aside from one guys feelers), it's unreal how much idiocy is out there, and I suppose everyone's line is different.

Reeb, you're obviously just repressing your inner feelings, you need to start a journal & let it all out.:nod:

Oh, and if you want to see why there needs to be moderation... go hang out in the whacko bin (BCR)... and it's pretty darn clear why SOME moderation is needed.

agreed backcountry... I am getting sick of all the vulgarity that is creeping into mainstream society..

Premium Features