• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rabbit Ears Riding Conditions 2018?

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Had some fried from SE SD there this last weekend and said there was a fresh 30"-40" at rabbit ears. They did not make it to Buff pass this time like usual because of the good snow on rabbit ears.

Ummm 30-40 inches of fresh? Not likely, we haven't had any single storms quite that big yet. I bet there is 60+ on the ground and sick powder but that would be like half of what your buddy thought he had. Must measure different in SD LOL

SODAK-DOO

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2015
eastern south dakota
Ummm 30-40 inches of fresh? Not likely, we haven't had any single storms quite that big yet. I bet there is 60+ on the ground and sick powder but that would be like half of what your buddy thought he had. Must measure different in SD LOL

insults aside i wouldn't say unlikely, but may be possible in certain areas.

Attachments

• IMG_1527.jpg2.jpg
    IMG_1527.jpg2.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 141

FlatLander909

Premium Member
Sep 20, 2008
sanborn, ia

Maybe since they were in colorado they were hitting the reefer and thats why they couldnt measure?

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
This a pic I got from yesterday!!
76a99abd0981ba3921f84aaae854c76c.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

M
Nov 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Snowmobile transport

Anyone heading out to
Colorado week of feb 2-7? Business has me elsewhere and wondering if anyone would be interested in bringing my sled along. If so let me know how much. Sled is an hour from Minneapolis I can get it over to anywhere close. My group is by hahns peak roadhouse north of steamboat. Anywhere close to the would be great.
Thanks

SODAK-DOO

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2015
eastern south dakota
where is the right place to check grooming schedules for the rabbit ears/buff pass trails? Or maybe someone can tell me what nights they groom regularly if they do.

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
No lodging at the riding area. Many camp in rvs with no services. Can stay in Kremmling Allington Inn seems popular. I don't hear much about the Super 8. App 30 highway miles to parking lots, . Cheaper more available than Steamboat springs so the minimal extra drive mileage don't matter, time from Kremmling can actually be less.

A@ron

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2017
Wisconsin
so how was it up there this weekend? starting to get tracked out? anyone know if more snow is on the way?

much appreciated

SODAK-DOO

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2015
eastern south dakota
after looking at the links for the trail reports, i did not see a schedule of grooming. do they groom on the same days every week or is it random? it says 2/1 for the last report as groomed and i think the last one i saw was from the previous friday so makes me think they only groom on fridays? is this how they run?

idareyou

Premium Member
Sep 9, 2001
Steamboat Springs
If weather allows it is groomed at least once a week. Through January there were 285 hours spent grooming. At the current rate of grooming the funds from the state for grooming will be used up by mid march. After that it will require donations to the routt powder riders snowmobile club to keep the grooming going.

2/10 1A groomed south of hwy 40 to latigo
2/11 1D,1E,1F,1A groomed north of hwy 40.
2/12 1F was groomed
2/14 Dry lake to grizzly. 1D and 1E
Cabin to towers. 1A. And muddy creek parking egress. Pretty much everything north of 40.
2/15 1D, 1A north of hwy 40, 1F half way to grizzly creek lot from muddy creek lot

Last edited:
Premium Features