• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track for my 01 MM 700

snobeel

Lifetime Membership
Aug 22, 2008
Track

I have a couple of tracks. I have a 144 off of a viper (stock). I also have a 159 challenger that I took off my rx1 when I went 162. I am located in Carbondale, CO. You can email me at jack@albright-associates.com if you are interested. I would love to get them out of my garage, so they will be very reasonably priced.

Jack

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Stock they are 2.52 but you can put a set of 3.0 pitch anti-ratchet drivers on. That's what i did with my 2000 so i could run an attack 20.

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
How long did you go and did you regear?

If this question was for me, i went 153 and no i didn't gear it down more. It was already geared down some. I am thinking that it was already geared at 20-39. I have reverse on it to so i can't go 40 on the bottom gear. For a word of advise i'm also running an RX-1 chain with that setup because it is a little heavier and havn't had as much trouble with chains since.

If you want to run the 3.0 pitch you have to get some new drivers, i want to say 7 tooth. Oh and unless you have a drop/roll, and since most 3.0 pitch tracks are 2.25 you'll have to trim the tips off the lugs to fit up under the tunnel. It's not bad, i think it took me about 30 min to do my last one:)

This is my spare/gf sled so i'll have to refer to notes for more but i'll give you what i have.

Hope that helps

just a side note here. 7t 3" pitch drivers will have a circumference of nearly 21" your stock 8t 2.52's are about 20" circumference. now go back to basic geometry and you will see a 1/2" increase in diameter. look at the clearance at the bulkhead now, if your track is still in the sled. from the factory, you have about 1/2" clearance now. so, take a 3" pitch track, with 7t drivers, your sled, 1/2" clearance + 1/2" added for drivers makes a mathematical equation that doesnt add up, or clear the bulkhead. not trying to burst bubbles here, just pointing out things to save you time, money and effort. you may have better luck looking at the polaris and doo 2.86p tracks if 7t are available, but still staying within the confines of 2" lugs, or a drop and roll of the chaincase.

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Thanks for the head's up Think I will stay with the 2.52 pitch. easier to come by a used track on a budget.

Yes and no, I got my attack 20 for $100 off the swapmeet here, but yes a 2.52 is much easier and less hassel. It took some time but the A20 did fit with the 7t 3.0 pitch drivers. yes it is tight but it worked.

Premium Features