• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 stroke forum classifieds

i think you "oopsed" on ragingwongs post about the phazer, seems to me he was looking for answers, not selling. while we are on the subject, and this has been brought to a higher authorities attention, are you going to move the "wanted to buys" and "looking fors" as well? fair is fair. we are kind of a tight knit MINORITY here at the yamaha 2 stroke division, and i would think that much more exposure would be had for specific items that we may need or have to offer by a group fellow snowmobilers owning and still riding the now outdated, dying or wearing out yamaha 2 strokes here in this section, as opposed to unwanted vultures looking to scam a deal in the open want ad forum. rules can be bent and heads can be turned the other way, especially if no one is really bothered by it. anybody complaining?

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
ooops

i dont think Armysledder oops on moving MM800s postings, he is always posting stuff for sale on here, then doesnt respond to your posts or pms. I am sick and tired of all the people that dont delete something once its sold. For now, i am with the moderator this a forum not a classified section.

i dont think Armysledder oops on moving MM800s postings, he is always posting stuff for sale on here, then doesnt respond to your posts or pms. I am sick and tired of all the people that dont delete something once its sold. For now, i am with the moderator this a forum not a classified section.
nothing mentioned about mm800 on my part, did you take the time to look at ragingwongs entry? i agree with you on the people that dont follow through, frustrating, especially if you really need or want a particular item. its easy to start a post about so and so who doesnt follow through or reply, kinda warns the rest of us as to who to depend on, trust, or avoid, since there really isnt a particular spot for these comments, save rep points, which we all know are a joke. issuance of my response was more so pointing out an error, and asking a question. your point is well taken, and agreed with on most counts, but sounds almost like an attack on a particular frequenter to this section. i dont know or have never done any business with mm800, sounds like you may have an issue, so air it, for all to see. now i know not to deal with him unless you are a rarity and several others have had descent dealings and wish to share. works kinda old school, but i like it that way.

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
forums

yes, i read ragingwongs entry and i didnt think it was a classified or anything. I sure dont know all the rules either. I like what you were getting at, that since we are a small group that follows this that we could overlook some things. I just dont want it to get out of hand either. What does everyone else think, comments, how do you want the 2 stroke forum to be?

MM800

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Soryy To All I Offended With My Posts

To all I offended with my 4 sale post, I apoliges. As far as making a living at this that is and was not my intention. As most of you proably understand, I buy high and sell low. Not the best way to do businesses, but it allows me to move on and try something else. As for neverenough snow, feel free to voice your criticism of me. Perhaps it maybe better if you were to do this in a pm and not the forum. I understand it is a place to gather info about our 2 stroke sleds.

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
I think a classifieds thread within OUR Yamaha 2-stroke forum would not be a bad thing. The way it is now there are two swap meet sections on Snowest so it is a little confusing and pain having to check both of the and search for our old dinosour 2-stroke Yami parts. Doing a classifieds section within a thread would require responsibility of the posters to delete or edit thier posts to let people know when their stuff sells. I think it would be worth a try though. If it gets out of hand or doesn't work ARMYSLEDER can step in and delete the whole thread...no harm done. I think he is doing the best he can to try to make everyone happy. I belive this was his intention when he started this thread.

I dont think a couple of the posts on this thread were necessary at all and should have been handled in a PM or in an entirely different thread altogether. They just were not on topic and took away from what ARMYSLEDER was trying to do here.

Give me the go-ahead ARMYSLEDER and I'll start things off here with a parts for sale post just to get the ball rolling.:beer;:beer;

Last edited:

MM800

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
I agree with you, but it may be too overwhelming for some. Some times people like to have things broken down. Proably need to keep it simple. A forum dedicated to yamaha parts would be cool though. The forum now is not really user friendly. You have to be looking for something in general. Some times I like to just browse through parts. Get some ideas. .02

S

Scott1

Oct 7, 2009
Black Hills S.D.
I see oyur point, but man I hate looking for parts in the classified section it would be nice if all yamaha two stroke parts were in the same place not mixed in with the other stuff.

MM800

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
ya

That would be nice. Make it easier to see whats out there. Alot of the swap meet forums I have never visited. Not that Im not interested just dont have that much time to look.

L
Oct 23, 2008
Sandy, Utah
Just to let you know I have dealt with MM800 and my experience was great. Also I think having a swapmeet just for Yamaha 2 strokes would be a wonderful time saver.

Premium Features