• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Retrofit Silber Control System - Suggestions??

RMK900Tractor

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
I'm helping a friend out to retrofit the engine control system a 2013 Silber turbo kit on an 800 Pro.

Dobec / Silber came with kit. Tried Silber Bullydog system, Vipec but no luck keeping the sled from burning down.

Does anybody have a solid tune for a Vipec?? I like this controller but can get a decent base tune or any support.

Considering buying a MTNTK Bullydog system. Had a couple of guys say their tune is rock solid but want to get more opinions before dumping more cash into the sled.

Any other suggestions?

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
I'm helping a friend out to retrofit the engine control system a 2013 Silber turbo kit on an 800 Pro.

Dobec / Silber came with kit. Tried Silber Bullydog system, Vipec but no luck keeping the sled from burning down.

Does anybody have a solid tune for a Vipec?? I like this controller but can get a decent base tune or any support.

Considering buying a MTNTK Bullydog system. Had a couple of guys say their tune is rock solid but want to get more opinions before dumping more cash into the sled.

Any other suggestions?

Why not add Silber's ECU reflash? Its not super cheap, but it should work...

RMK900Tractor

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Why not add Silber's ECU reflash? Its not super cheap, but it should work...

Thank you for the suggestion but I would rather quit snowmobiling than deal with him.

Sorry, I was unclear. My post should have stated any suggestions other than dealing with Silber. Look at the other posts - he can't make his current stuff run consistently even after 10+ years of producing kits.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Thank you for the suggestion but I would rather quit snowmobiling than deal with him.

Sorry, I was unclear. My post should have stated any suggestions other than dealing with Silber. Look at the other posts - he can't make his current stuff run consistently even after 10+ years of producing kits.

There are 1,000 Axys kits on snow, many, myself included, run one without any problems.

Though there were certainly problems in the pre-ECU reflash era, (control boxes are tough) things are a bit different now.

Totally understand you are frustrated, but the lack of posts such as yours over the last few years should tell you what you need to know. ECU reflash works, and works really well. I know of 3 rental outfits even running silber stuff.

Though there are a few posts with problems in these forums, it seems every brand has something go wrong here or there. Again, there are *so* many sleds on snow now with great success you'd save yourself a lot of hair pulling going the Silber route IMO...

RMK900Tractor

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
There are 1,000 Axys kits on snow, many, myself included, run one without any problems.

Though there were certainly problems in the pre-ECU reflash era, (control boxes are tough) things are a bit different now.

Totally understand you are frustrated, but the lack of posts such as yours over the last few years should tell you what you need to know. ECU reflash works, and works really well. I know of 3 rental outfits even running silber stuff.

Though there are a few posts with problems in these forums, it seems every brand has something go wrong here or there. Again, there are *so* many sleds on snow now with great success you'd save yourself a lot of hair pulling going the Silber route IMO...

Thank you for your suggestion.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska

No need to feed him.

Good luck on the tuning...

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Corey at Silber

Does anyone know if Corey still works with Silber? I've left about 5-6 voicemails and no response.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
He is talking about the pro re flash. Not the axys. I had a lot of bog problems with my pro re flash kit until I put a boondocker box in addition to the ecu. Richened it up.
Seems like they did their homework on the axys kit. Not so much on the pro's.

I called mtntk about their tune before I put my old boondocker on and tried more fuel. That's The route id go. I believe 500 bucks for it.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
He is talking about the pro re flash. Not the axys. I had a lot of bog problems with my pro re flash kit until I put a boondocker box in addition to the ecu. Richened it up.
Seems like they did their homework on the axys kit. Not so much on the pro's.

I called mtntk about their tune before I put my old boondocker on and tried more fuel. That's The route id go. I believe 500 bucks for it.

A lot of the pro problems were clutching related in our experience. (belt slip) That, and I know they changed the map as time went on. I think his (the poster in this thread) kit has the dobek box but I could be wrong.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I had no tuning issue with the reflash on my 13 Pro.... Loved it!

Reeds, EGT sensor and clutching will all give you issues.

Premium Features