• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

oil line prime for turbo

N

nate18

Jan 3, 2009
Have a MTNtk on a axys....how long does it take to prime the oil line for turbo...have done it twice letting sled idle for several minutes almost to the point where perhaps i need to check to make sure pump is working. Is there a way on axys to prime oil pump with battery similar to fuel pump? Thanks

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I don't have Mntk but same principle. First I always fill the entire line with oil. I use a syringe. I also fill the turbo. So if there is air in the line it is very small area. I then have a long wire rod to reach in and pull oil pump wide open at idle.

I usually put the stock can on the pipe and unhook the turbo. I will let it run for a while. It doesn't take much oil
To keep them lubed.

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
I don't have Mntk but same principle. First I always fill the entire line with oil. I use a syringe. I also fill the turbo. So if there is air in the line it is very small area. I then have a long wire rod to reach in and pull oil pump wide open at idle.

I usually put the stock can on the pipe and unhook the turbo. I will let it run for a while. It doesn't take much oil
To keep them lubed.

c'mon you old dinosaur:face-icon-small-hap, he's asking about externally powering the electric oil pump. Yes you can prime with the ECU. I have a MTNTK kit and was worried like you when I was trying to get rid of a small bubble at the high point in the line. When idling or small revs you should see oil spit about every 10-15 seconds if I remember. It's not much but after talking with Shawn he convinced me to just go ride and everything worked out with the bubble gone in a few miles. I did what Spaarky outlined and filled the line and pooled the turbo, that will provide enough oil until the pump catches up. If you want to prime here are the steps. You need a chassis power up cable though. Make one or buy from SLP(#20-212) and Polaris(#PS-47296-b).
Engine off.
Lock parking brake
Push and hold perc button
While pushing perc button open throttle and hold for 15 seconds.

Ecu, pumps oil for 20 seconds after. Page 3.36 of shop manual.
I stole this from a different site, so hopefully legit.

Premium Features