• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13 Pro RMK Turbo Idling high?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Anyone know why my sled might be idling high, around 2500RPM? Changed the fuel filter and had the TPS adjusted by local shop this season. Sled runs perfect and doesnt skip a beat it simply just idles high. Anyone have an suggestions?

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Crank seal, spray some starter fluid behind the clutch ans see if it changes it. Could be the mag side but usually the PTO side.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
My 2012 idled high when it got water in the tps connection on the throttle bodies.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Does it EVER go down?
If you blip the kill switch, does it settle down?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
How long does it take to go down?

Seconds or minutes?

You could be lean on the bottom end.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Turns out its the crank seal it idles down for a couple seconds when you spray behind the clutch. How hard is it to change can I leave the motor in the sled pop the clutch off and do it right there or is it a bigger job?

Im assuming the risk I run by running the sled is leaning out and melting my motor, or seizing the crank?

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
The case must be split so you would want to take the engine out. Fairly simple to do though. Ya, if it is leaking bad enough it will cause damage.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Turns out its the crank seal it idles down for a couple seconds when you spray behind the clutch. How hard is it to change can I leave the motor in the sled pop the clutch off and do it right there or is it a bigger job?

Im assuming the risk I run by running the sled is leaning out and melting my motor, or seizing the crank?

It can be a bit time consuming, expect one evening to tear it down and one to rebuild it.

I wouldn't tear it all down and not replace both crank seals, water pump gasket, injector orings and piston rings while you have it all a part.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
It can be a bit time consuming, expect one evening to tear it down and one to rebuild it.

I wouldn't tear it all down and not replace both crank seals, water pump gasket, injector orings and piston rings while you have it all a part.

Picked up both seals and water pump gasket. Ill do a top end this summer if I end up keeping that sled for next season thats not a issue with the motor in the sled

Premium Features