• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Let's talk about something important... MUFF POTS on a turbo!

J
Oct 15, 2013
Breckenridge, CO
I mounted my muff pot on the exhaust intake of the turbo thinking that would be plenty hot, nope. Rode for a few hours yesterday with some refrigerated spiral ham in there and at the end it was barely warm.
So, how, or where, or what are you doing, with your muff pots to get that good hot food?!?!

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I mounted my muff pot on the exhaust intake of the turbo thinking that would be plenty hot, nope. Rode for a few hours yesterday with some refrigerated spiral ham in there and at the end it was barely warm.
So, how, or where, or what are you doing, with your muff pots to get that good hot food?!?!

Lets get this figured out so we can follow "that dinner bell" through the bush.

A

aj1180

Dec 17, 2009
waukon ia
mine is basically in the same place. Make sure to check the clamps cause if they loosen up they will start to rub on your pipe and could wear through. I

B
Nov 26, 2007
Red deer Alberta
I made a bracket so I could mount mine right on top of the turbo, been using it for 3 years like that and it takes no time to cook my food. Just bought a sidewinder and it is not going to work there so I put it on the down pipe which is a little slower but still effective.

Premium Features