• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Polaris RMK 800 Electrical Issues

M
Dec 28, 2014
I am having trouble with my Sled. Once the engine gets up to temp the instrument panel with cut out completely with the sled dying shortly after. Sometimes in will start up right back up and run without the screen and sometimes I have to wait a while before it will start. It has had a new ECU, Voltage Regulator, and Capacitor. I also got a stator from the dealer that was pulled out of a running engine. I have removed and checked the entire wiring harness. PLEASE HELP!!

M
Dec 28, 2014
Before the screen goes out it the battery indicator wil slowly drop start flashing
And start flashing then the screen goes out and a few minutes later the engine dies like the spark is cut off
The whole thing takes about 5-7 minutes before it dies

image.jpg

J
Jan 20, 2009
Northern Utah
Something is shorting after the heat cycle. I would disconnect the hand warmers to start and see if that does the trick. Its obviously grounding somewhere, just have to find it. Also, headlights, taillights one at a time. You can also run it with the hood harness disconnected and see if it will run as process of elimination. Electrical gremlins are certainly a mystery sometimes.

Premium Features