• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP High flow intake kit necessary for slp single pipe/pcv?

Nov 29, 2007
SW, MT
Anyone with experience with the slp single pipe/can and there mapping, i am wondering if it's really necessary to do the high flow intake kit or not? I have the slp powder valves installed already. Obviousely more air is always better, but wasnt sure if it was really necessary or if they are just trying to sell you another $130 worth of stuff?

Anyone running the slp pipe/pcv with hps can? I already have the hps can and love they way it sounds, any input?? Thanks!

P
Dec 5, 2009
Hood
Im running the pcv, slp pipe and can. Runs great. I put a bunch of vents in the dash to allow for more air especially when it's deep. I think the high flow thing is kinda BS. If you look at it, it's not a whole lot bigger and even if it was huge, you'd have to still get the air through the three horns in the air box. Just my take but i'm sure any bit helps if money isn't a problem.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Is it necessary, I doubt it, but if you can prevent any restriction to air in/air out reasonably, why not. However, I think it is worth it to replace the cheesy foam filters that were stock on a 07 Dragon with the SLP replacement filters that are riveted in. I also added four additional round vents and a Air Horn kit from SLP along with a SLP pipe and can combo. I don't see any reason that you cannot run your HPS can the way your sled sits. What do you have your PCV doing for your sled? The 07 Dragons have a known lean spot in the mid-range and run rich at the top that most guys try to fix with their PC's.

Nov 29, 2007
SW, MT
Will be running this setup on a 2010 D8. Had the pcv on to avoid meltdown in the infamous mid range lean spot and take a little fuel off of the rich top end. Hoping this new setup works even better!

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
[ I think the high flow thing is kinda BS. If you look at it, it's not a whole lot bigger and even if it was huge, you'd have to still get the air through the three horns in the air box.

Has anyone tried takeing out the 3 air horns from the intake box??
I would think this would up air flow? I would like to try this on my wifes 09'
800 with slp pipe and can. Any info would be great.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
[ I think the high flow thing is kinda BS. If you look at it, it's not a whole lot bigger and even if it was huge, you'd have to still get the air through the three horns in the air box.

Has anyone tried takeing out the 3 air horns from the intake box??
I would think this would up air flow? I would like to try this on my wifes 09'
800 with slp pipe and can. Any info would be great.

I have an 08 700 would foul plugs and i took out the baffles and it leaned it out some never foulded a plug again

A

ajbond

Jan 29, 2010
Ogden
I removed air horn and increased the hole on the airbox and hood to the size of the foam ring. peeled the ring off of air box and mounted to hood. so it come off with the hood.

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
I removed air horn and increased the hole on the airbox and hood to the size of the foam ring. peeled the ring off of air box and mounted to hood. so it come off with the hood.

And how did it run with no air horns in the air box??

A

ajbond

Jan 29, 2010
Ogden
And how did it run with no air horns in the air box??
I did not remove the 3 baffles inside the box. Just the one large horn on top. this is what the big air kit swaps out. by removing this and enlarging the hole the two outside baffles can draw air easier.

Premium Features