• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 M8 top end bog

S
Sep 20, 2009
Big Sky, MT
2007 M8 w/ SLP Pipe kit, 1000 miles. Ran like a champ all season since I picked her up with 160 miles, lately it's been bogging down from 7900 to around 7400 when I'm really getting on it, it's not undriveable but it seems to be getting a little worse and it's starting to get pretty annoying. You guys have always been able to come up with something from what I've been reading, hopefully someone has an idea about this.

Thanks in advance guys,

Snowdrift.

Mr. BB

Premium Member
Sep 7, 2009
This is just a shot in the dark, but this just happened to my M8. Is your engagement also lower? The primary spring was fatigued big time, engagement dropped 500 rpm, peak dropped about 300 + rpm. I'm running 170 hp allegedly and can't stay out of it, that primary spring has to be taking a beating. My spring had about 650 miles. Cheap fix. This all happened very fast, wasn't a gradual thing. Hope it's something easy like this. Good luck.

R
Jan 2, 2008
My 07 does the same thing, but fluctuates during the day. Just put a new primary spring in, and not much change. Really frustrating.

R
Backshifting is always secondary clutch, if it's bogging while you are accelerating it is probably secondary clutch as well, just change the spring in the secondary too and see what happens, also verify all your clutch parts are good as well, no stuck rollers or weights, or bushings jamming up. Make sure you don't have blown belt parts in your clutches too, little bits of string will screw things up for you. 2 new springs are cheap and easy to do, just use new screws when you take the secondary apart or they will break in the future.

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
check rollers in your secondary for wear/ flat spots the stock plastic ones shred pretty easy.

Premium Features