• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Emerson Helmet Camera

Pol600

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
hi,

Just curious if anyone else has tried the Emerson helmet cam? It was a Black Friday special at Menards.

The mounting system is for a bike helmet, not a typical snowmobile helmet. If anyone has experience/suggestions for mounting on a snowmobile helmet, it would be greatly appreciated.

S

Stilldraggin

Dec 31, 2010
SE Nebraska
I'm in the same boat, I got one too. I have an open face HJC helmet with a visor, was playing with the camera to get it mounted with no luck, yet. I might look at Ram mounts when I get some place that has a selection. Then I might look at mounting it over my headlight on my sled.

S

Stilldraggin

Dec 31, 2010
SE Nebraska
Just a little update. What I ended up doing is this- bought a Gopro grab bag of parts. Then I had to modify the Gopro mount to accept the Emerson stud assembly. That required cutting the center chunk of the flex joint out. I used one of those vibrating multi tools. I think a small coping saw blade would work too. As far as the helmet, I used the curved mount that came in the grab bag. Lastly, the grab bag also came with a tether cord. I wrapped that around the camera mount and will use the velcro strap that came with the Emerson camera to wrap through the chin guard of my open face helmet. It even mounted low enough that it doesn't restrict my vision! I put it on the chin guard area because we do alot of tree riding and was concerned a limb or tree might knock it off

S

Stilldraggin

Dec 31, 2010
SE Nebraska
Got to use the camera recently. The video is ok, if you didn't just get done watching video from your buddies GoPro! I caught some crap from him but I reminded him I didn't spend over 200 bucks for this either!! For the money, it's not bad IMO, just remember to use the HD setting. The lower res setting isn't near as clear. Hope this helps

Premium Features