• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power Commander FC selecting map?

M
Dec 6, 2007
I have a power commander FC for my pro rmk and I have uploaded a second map into it. My question is how do I select the second map to be the map that it is using. Do I have to move the new map to position number 1 in order for it do be the map that is active or can you select it as the primary map some other way? I'm very new to the Power Commander and all of the info that I could find on the internet deals with the PCFC that has the map selector dial on the front of it.

Thank You,

RoostinRyan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2013
Yakima, WA
I have a power commander FC for my pro rmk and I have uploaded a second map into it. My question is how do I select the second map to be the map that it is using. Do I have to move the new map to position number 1 in order for it do be the map that is active or can you select it as the primary map some other way? I'm very new to the Power Commander and all of the info that I could find on the internet deals with the PCFC that has the map selector dial on the front of it.

Thank You,
Anyone ever figure this out? I don't know which map I have is the active one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Thank You,
moosesp,
The FC's for the sleds do not have the ability to adjust the map you're running or the trims via the screwdriver trim pots/switch. Those are shipped with a solid sticker over each cavity, and the function is removed from the operational memory. Thus, each FC is on Map 1, regardless of where the knobs are turned.

~T.J.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
moosesp,
The FC's for the sleds do not have the ability to adjust the map you're running or the trims via the screwdriver trim pots/switch. Those are shipped with a solid sticker over each cavity, and the function is removed from the operational memory. Thus, each FC is on Map 1, regardless of where the knobs are turned.

~T.J.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread here, but it would be nice if the documentation for the PCFC were more clear on this issue. The instructions which are specific for the Pro RMk show how to install it and even show a picture of the controller with all the trim pots showing... So the 10 map positions are still in the controller, SLP's instructions on how to program the controller make zero mention of the multiple maps or which position is the "active" one on this controller, they just say to his SEND MAP and the map is instantly loaded. It is not, you have to pick a position. And with no indication as to which position is "active"... I picked up a used PCFC to put on my sled, and the seller told me it had a stage 3 SLP map loaded. When I hooked it up, the only map in the PCFC showed up as being in position 4. WTH? Does that mean when he was running it, he was actually running a zero map? Do I need to put my map in the 1st position to make it work?

I write software for a living and the manual and the documentation and the software are NOT very well done for the PCFC for the Pro RMK...

Premium Features