• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Changing a 151 to 162- what rails to use

02SummitX800

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2009
Before I get jumped I know that I am in the wrong forum, I already asked in the zx section, but I am sure most of the rev owners had a zx at one time so I figured I would ask here too
I am in the process of changing my 2002 Summit Highmark X from a 151 to a 162. I have changed the drivers to 7 tooth to make a lot more room upfront for my 16x 2.25 track. I curently have rail extensions on the sled, however I want to find a set of rails that are long enough to use instead. Anyone know what I can use rails off of to not need rail extensions. They will end up needing to be 64in long from front to back. If anyone has done this before and knows what to use please let me know. thanks

M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James
Before I get jumped I know that I am in the wrong forum, I already asked in the zx section, but I am sure most of the rev owners had a zx at one time so I figured I would ask here too
I am in the process of changing my 2002 Summit Highmark X from a 151 to a 162. I have changed the drivers to 7 tooth to make a lot more room upfront for my 16x 2.25 track. I curently have rail extensions on the sled, however I want to find a set of rails that are long enough to use instead. Anyone know what I can use rails off of to not need rail extensions. They will end up needing to be 64in long from front to back. If anyone has done this before and knows what to use please let me know. thanks

That's a nice looking z'er. I don't know for 100% but I believe rev rails will bolt right up, so if you find a set off an RT for cheap that would be your cheapest bet. Take some measurements first though, don't trust my word. Or you could bling it out and buy a set of ice age rails and be done with it

S
Jan 25, 2010
I just finished doing a track extension on my 04 rev. After lots of reasearch....any set of rails off a zx chasis, or rev chasis will work. Believe it or not, 80% of the parts off the zx are the same on the rev. (Right down to crank seals.).

After all of that tho, when it comes to rails.....your best bang for your buck are iceage rails. They are strong and light and remarkably about the same price of used BRP rails.

Good luck and have fun.

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
Ice Age manufacturing, they will sell you a rail kit for what ever length you need and it will include hyfax and any rubber bumpers you'll need.

I used them when going from 146 to 163 on my XP and must say that the kit made the conversion super easy and the design of there rails is much stronger than the stockers ( on the XP at least ). It ran around 450 for the kit if I recall

Premium Features